• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Put a 128" firecat skid in do you think I need a tunnel

juxtoposed

Do you think that I will need a tunnel extension to keep the flap out of the track?

Attachments

• Dec06^33.JPG
    Dec06^33.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 106

I think I would be concerned with the track grabbing the back of the tunnel when you bottom out! Have you squashed the skid down completely to see if there is clearence?

Heck ya! The aftermarket extensions look SWEET! :bling

Don't think it would get caught up in the track unless you've got reverse and back over it - I ruined my stock flap on my Warrior that way on the FIRST ride! Looked like this guy :die had taken' a few shots at it. Anyway, I've got a shorty on order and expect that will take care of it......The tunnel extensions do look cool though, but then again I guess I'm kinda partial to mine ;)!

I had it fully compressed with the asphalt track on it and I had alot of clearance, but that don't mean that the extra 1.25 of the ripsaw won't catch. I'll have to get several of my fatest friends on the back and see how she does. Thanks for the heads up.

What you might want to do to test... (everytime I perform back end surgery with unknown parts I do this).. is remove all the SPRINGS from the skid, lift it on a rope, and push UP on the REAR AXLE while allowing the front to sag. It is necessary to do this because you need to make sure that there is clearance while a) at maximum compression, and b) at maximum TRANSFER.

The flap will likely suck into the tunnel at high speed. I stretched mine to 136 with extensions and have had it happen at high speed. The
1 1/4" track creates quite a wind going into the tunnel. This was without the stock flap reinforcement that won't fit after you put tunnel extensions on. I wound up creating a flap stiffener out of spring steel that solved my problem. It looks like you still have the stock flap stiffener so perhaps you will be OK. Do a lake run and have someone observe your flap. That 128 doesn't look too long for the tunnel.

Back