• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Put money down for new sled....

MT, just keep us updated on how it performs. I think a lot of us are very curious to see how it goes. And thanks for all the info and help you have offered!

akvector said:
swelly said:
Got to admit, I sure thought about the switch. But current speculations from the fore mentioned character makes me want to wait.

Wait and see what is coming down the pipe. What ever comes from those test sessions is cheaper than a new sled, especially since the one I have is paid for.

Ah yes mine is paid for as well but I would love to get my wife a better sled to ride. She can not handle the nytro though so I guess that means a new one for her and I keep the Ol Nytro. Plus I have not got my moneys worth yet on this one.

I fully understand, my wife only rides a few times a year, considering a used XTX for her. She does not go off the trail(unless she blows a corner). She likes the rider position on the XTX vs the MTX, but even then a MTX with a Mav would be fine for her also.

Are you going to dress it up?

2012_acatse-05.jpg

swelly said:
akvector said:
very nice mt i think you are going to love that sled!!! I have thought about it but I will wait another year to what is next and how those hold up.

Got to admit, I sure thought about the switch. But current speculations from the fore mentioned character makes me want to wait.

Wait and see what is coming down the pipe. What ever comes from those test sessions is cheaper than a new sled, especially since the one I have is paid for.

Yeah I love the paid off thing, the core thing that concerns me on all brands is engine reliability... Which is why I went to YAMAHA...this z1 motor has proven to be reliable...

My next biggest concern is handling, I made some backward steps on mine, but the new stuff from Skinz is hard to describe how much o an improvement...

My third priority is weight...as long as we can shed weight without disturbing front back or side to side balance it is a great thing....

I really like the new gas tank design on the m, and envision other manufacurers doing the same... Also moving the battery back. Helps manage weight and balance...

I think others clearly are learning lessons that 4 strokes are heavier... Also, friends who have been on the m11t have seen how he power delivery is MUCH better on a 4 stroker...

mtdream said:
swelly said:
akvector said:
very nice mt i think you are going to love that sled!!! I have thought about it but I will wait another year to what is next and how those hold up.

Yeah I love the paid off thing, the core thing that concerns me on all brands is engine reliability... Which is why I went to YAMAHA...this z1 motor has proven to be reliable...

My next biggest concern is handling, I made some backward steps on mine, but the new stuff from Skinz is hard to describe how much o an improvement...

My third priority is weight...as long as we can shed weight without disturbing front back or side to side balance it is a great thing....

I really like the new gas tank design on the m, and envision other manufacurers doing the same... Also moving the battery back. Helps manage weight and balance...

I think others clearly are learning lessons that 4 strokes are heavier... Also, friends who have been on the m11t have seen how he power delivery is MUCH better on a 4 stroker....

One of the local Cat/Polaris dealers will be back from test rides on Tuesday. He is a die hard Polaris guy, told me he is approaching riding the new Cat with a open mind.(of course he is a sales man) I will be chatting with him then to see what he thought.

I do love my 4 stroke, but do really wish that it was lighter, or lighter feeling.

Seeing the teaser you have been posting here, makes me think there is some more hope on the horizon.

But got to admit the new Cats look freaking cool.

Good luck.

Off course your big time will be in an other forum but don't forget this one because:

- you are a Friend
- your shared experience is great and helps a lot of newbies like me
- your general comments are always centered and interesting to be read
- will be VERY interesting and helpfully to share info ang field impression from the new Cat and the improvement of nytro
- lot of others reasons that my poor language can not explain

Anyway thanks for all your support ;)!

scmurs said:
Are you going to dress it up?

2012_acatse-05.jpg

As I mentioned before, The sled is going directly from Thief River Falls to Skinz Protective Gear to get Skinz'ed up :)

Picture that sled, with White Mesh Hood (Yes white mesh) and White Air-Frame boards...New Bumper, front and back...etc. etc. etc.

Should turn out kewl...scmurs, I think you will see the sled before I will :)

WolfOne said:
Off course your big time will be in an other forum but don't forget this one because:

- you are a Friend
- your shared experience is great and helps a lot of newbies like me
- your general comments are always centered and interesting to be read
- will be VERY interesting and helpfully to share info ang field impression from the new Cat and the improvement of nytro
- lot of others reasons that my poor language can not explain

Anyway thanks for all your support ;)!

Well, thank you Wolfe!!! the cool part of all this forum stuff is meeting good people the world over, sharing and learning together!!

:4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke:

stopdropanroll said:
I guess me and MT will be good Achat friend since I too have ordered almost the same thing but a XF instead of a M.

that forum is SLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to still hang here, good people...

we need to try and get a ride next year out west here...

Back