• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quebec Trail Reports

race24x

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.r-scomputer.com
I am just looking for some good sites to look at for trail conditions up in Quebec. When do the trails open for the season? Is there any snow up there? I plan to get a seasons pass and ride up there more often this year with my friends. Just trying to prepare.

Looks like there are areas that have at least moved the groomers around. I think it is all GPS based and updated automatically so they were probably just driving them around for testing.

Club Motoneige Saint Donat posted a video yesterday from the cab of their groomer on TQ33.
IMG_4449.jpg

Hard to believe any grooming will last yet.

The FCMQ site trail conditions are a good place to start.

Then the club’s specific sites and social media.

IMO the most accurate info is usually the first hand rider accounts on . . .

http://www.motoneigeauquebec.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?19-Conditions-et-sentiers

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    402.9 KB · Views: 159
Every year I book 4 days at the
Le Cabanon between Xmas and New Years. Always has snow to kick off the season.
Ride to Saint-Michel, manawan, points further north, and sometimes below Saint Zenon.
Already booked for this year. They said they are already getting snow.

Don’t they steal sleds there like crazy...????

Friend from northern Maine used to be big into ice drags, used to travel all over the East to race. Went to the St. Donat area for a race, the night after the race he had both race sleds, big four place trailer and his Chevy Duramax diesel all stolen right out of the hotel parking lot. Police were so non shalant about the whole thing..saying that it happens constantly!!

Don’t they steal sleds there like crazy...????

Friend from northern Maine used to be big into ice drags, used to travel all over the East to race. Went to the St. Donat area for a race, the night after the race he had both race sleds, big four place trailer and his Chevy Duramax diesel all stolen right out of the hotel parking lot. Police were so non shalant about the whole thing..saying that it happens constantly!!
Le Cab locks everything up nice and tight. I've never had an issue there or heard of anyone.

I’ve heard the same rumors from quite a few different guys. Sort of a Quebecois Gone in 60 seconds...

Edit: I went and read up on the old threads talking about this and holy #*$&@, it is way worse than I ever imagined. Eff that, UP or Maine is same distance away!

Last edited:
Nothing is perfect, there is a lot of exaggeration here.

Obviously there is some truth to the issue. Why else would Le Cab go through all the trouble of having the main lot secured with cable and lock and having a corral for the sleds that is locked at dusk and not unlocked till dawn unless you ask. Everyone up there warned us to keep an eye on your stuff.

Meanwhile, when we ride in Ontario, the local guys say they don't lock their houses or cars.

In the end, don't be dumb and have a good time. The trail conditions are worth the hastle.

Facts are facts. Quebec has one of the highest auto theft rates in NA and owns the lowest recovery rate in NA. Speaking from the experience of a $200k loss trip (trucks trailers, gear, etc). We lost a lot because we were easy targets while we were hundreds of miles away on a bag trip. I've had #*$&@ stolen at home and while in QC. Take precautions. We still go to Quebec because its the best trail riding experience that I know of within reach of my trailer on a tolerable drive. Also by and large the people are great and will always help in a pinch.

There are plenty of threads debating the dangers and veracity of the Quebec theft stories. This one is asking for trail conditions resources.

http://www.sledmagazine.com/actions/showConditionsSentier?request_locale=en

There is snow already in the Chic Chocs and at Auberge KM31.

Back