• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quebec Trail Reports

Dennis and Diane are great people, they stepped up and really secured their property. But you also have to be aware and keep eyes opened.
Theft will always exist.
Btw last year up there was interesting.
All sleds wouldn’t start, 850 skidoo’s, 800’s were frozen, winders backfiring,
Needless to say his groomer barn was used to heat all brands of sleds.
Always an adventure on snowmobile trips.

The high crime and not any help from Police on the problem is what ended me from ever going back to Quebec. 3 in my group lost a truck trailer and and sleds, it was a nightmare. Who needs that? there are a lot of other places to ride. Its a shame because the trails are great and there is a lot of effort by clubs to keep them awsome only to have criminals with the support of local law to ruin it. Its not blown out of proporation, it happens a lot and has been going on for a long time.

I knew there was a lot of thefts, I hadnt considered the trucks and trailers, but we were looking for a place to stay that locks up the sleds. I have been many times on the motorcycles and we always got a bottom floor room and put them right in the room. Not sure about exaggeration.

I knew there was a lot of thefts, I hadnt considered the trucks and trailers, but we were looking for a place to stay that locks up the sleds. I have been many times on the motorcycles and we always got a bottom floor room and put them right in the room. Not sure about exaggeration.
Auberge Le Cabanon
1590 Chemin du Lac Saint Stanislas N, Saint-Zénon, QC J0K 3N0, Canada
+1 450-884-5762
https://goo.gl/maps/3gtLQZB8Lu32

Good restaurant on site and they lock everything up tight. Also have fuel on site. Rooms are dated but clean. Pool and hot tub as well.

Anyone been to Quebec this season? we are looking for a place to do a 2-3 day loop between Christmas & New Years.

Nothing is perfect, there is a lot of exaggeration here.

I hate these posts because i LOVE Quebec & everyone i've ever met up there. Best trails in the WORLD!
BUT there is NO exaggeration, actually a lot of hush ups.
I'm not going to get into this, but i personally know of 7 sleds, 3 trucks & 2 very expensive trailers stolen just from the guys that live near me & used to ride up there. That doesn't include the now 9 i know that stopped the thefts as they were taking place. Truth, not exaggeration.

These great places mentioned don't "lock" everything up to keep the dogs from peeing on the seats.

Still the BEST trails anywhere!
And the strip clubs..............fahgettaboudit!

As long as you know this, you should be OK.
Plan your trip so you can lock them up.

Not as many stripclubs like there used to be. The bikers pretty much all left.

From the emails I've been getting there are quite a few trails open but one good rainy day will ruin it. They have had cold weather for quite a while. I have friends going up on the 26th but I can't go until Jan 12th. I have heard horror stories but never had an issue been going up every year since 2003 and staying in Saint Michael Des-Saints at various places. One thing for sure is LaCabanon runs tons of groomers. If you stay there and come back after dark odds are you will meet a groomer heading out. It's like heaven riding in an glass smooth trails after 9-10 hours in the saddle.

No exaggeration on this thread. A few years ago a couple of my neighbours loaded up their Polaris sleds in an enclosed trailer and headed to Quebec. They arrived in the evening, found a place to stay, and backed into their parking spot. Apparently, not tight enough. Came out the next morning, truck still there, but trailer gone! Didn't even get one ride.

My boss bought a brand new 2017 800 Pro S two seasons ago. His sled was stolen out of his trailer the first trip to St. Zenon that season. The trailer was locked, but they cut the locks. The sled was never recovered.

Now, having said that, My dad and I have been riding in Quebec every year since 1995. The only thing we have ever had stolen was a heated shield cord. They really do have the best trails I've ever ridden. Lock your sleds together, and do not leave them in your trailer.

Don’t they steal sleds there like crazy...????

Friend from northern Maine used to be big into ice drags, used to travel all over the East to race. Went to the St. Donat area for a race, the night after the race he had both race sleds, big four place trailer and his Chevy Duramax diesel all stolen right out of the hotel parking lot. Police were so non shalant about the whole thing..saying that it happens constantly!!
Oh yes they do

I am just looking for some good sites to look at for trail conditions up in Quebec. When do the trails open for the season? Is there any snow up there? I plan to get a seasons pass and ride up there more often this year with my friends. Just trying to prepare.
Best is to search snowmobile clubs on Facebook, they will post the latest trail conditions

Back