• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question about Mitsubishi T16 MCX turbo adjustment

Dimebag

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
How many turns equals 0.1 bar / 1 psi on the wastegate control arm?

I seem to remember someone saying that 1 turn equals 1 psi, but i can't believe that is correct.

Anyone knows?

Dimebag said:
Well that sounds very strange.. I had to turn it in 9 turns to go from 0.3 to 0.5 bar pressure.

Anyone else know?
9 turns!!??
1 turn = 0,1 bar
If you have turned it 9 turns on the wastegate stage then theres something wrong i think.
Do you have a exhaust leak somewhere in the system??
Check also if you have some leak from turbo to the intercooler.

they are not all totally identical in how much they would do.

im betting you have either an exhaust leak or a boost leak like tarzan said.. thats a lot of adjustment and you didnt get much boost.

It has been running 0.3 bar from when i got the kit mounted back in November. Never got any lower boost than that. Also the dealer checked doughnuts and flex pipes while installing the turbo kit, and he told me they where all okey. I installed a second boost gauge to verify the readings, and then started adjusting. 9 full turns gave me a 0.2 bar increase in the pressure.

I have also tought about the possibility that there may be an exhaust leak, but its strange that the pressure hasnt dropped anything since the kit was installed if that is the case..

That sounds more like it..

0.1 bar equals 1.45038 psi.

That means 6 turns to increase 0.2 bars (or 3 psi).

When i adjusted the pressure i gained 0.1 bars after 4 turns, and 0.1 more after 4 more..

Anyone who can confirm how it is?

Ok, then I'll take a look at the doughnuts and flex pipes this summer. It seems like the pressure is okay, so the exhaust leak can't be that critical.

Anyone tested the copper ones?

In my experience you will get 1 lbs/psi by shortening the rod 3 turns, I have been up 9 turns on a Mitsubishi 16T running a 10 lbs waste gate actuator and I didn't get more than 1 lbs raise in boost even at 9 turns. The waste gate actuators are designed for a spesific range typically say 10 lbs with +/- 1 lbs adjustability. If you want to change boost on the waste gate actuator you may consider buying a new actuator for the boost level you want.

A better choise to raise boost is a Hallmann Pro RX manual boost controller, they cost about $125USD. It comes with 2 springs, one soft (5 lbs adjustability upwards) and a stiffer one for 5-15 lbs raise in boost.

Jan-O

That sounds good, maybe i don't have an exhaust leak anyways..

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't think i need a boost controller on my MCX180 kit, just had to increase boost a little to get it up to where it should be.

Happy sledding

How many turns to lower 270hp to 240hp boost level. Just installed a Hallman PRO RX and would like to be able to lower psi to 240hp range if need arises to run 87 for trail. I have come across gas stations where only 87 is available at times...

The WG does not have much room for adjustment. A 30 HP drop is at least a 3-4 lbs of boost drop. 12+ turns on the rod is my best Guess. You may be better off getting the 240 HP wastegate actuator.

I would not recommend 87 no matter what.
Guys have ruined their engines on 87 With almost no boost at all. It's no og.

Back