• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question about the Apex mountain seat

BIGGUY

Lifetime Member
I am wondering can you install 2006 Apex gt tailight on 2006 Apex mountain seat? If yes what what parts do I need to make it work? Any help Thanks :Rockon:

Bigguy, if you have the gt taillight, there should be no reason that the mtn seat won't work. I am pretty sure the plug for the taillight is the same as well.

Grapeape

I am getting Apex mountain seat it should arrive Wednesday what I didnt realize that the moutain seat nbrs are different. I wanted to have apex gt style tailight but if you look at the gallery of the 2006 apex mountain one picture shows gt taillight the other picture shows luggage rack with a tail light on the rack. I tried calling dealers explaining if i could put apex gt light on a apex mountain seat dont know how to respond due not selling many apex moutain sleds in midwest. I just have to wait see what my seat can handle will see. Thanks for reply guys.

I put an Apex Mountain seat on my 121" Vector and the stock Vector tailight bolted right in. The only issue I have is that the Apex Mountain wiring does not run inside the seat like the Vector and Apex GT does. Can someone tell me where the harness runs on the tunnel so it does not get pinched? Also, there is a 1" diameter hole on the inside of the trunk. I thought that I would route the harness through it but that would put the wiring right on the muffler heat shield?

Sorry to butt in to this thread with my own questions but it looks like some of you have dealt with this when installing a tailight in the back of your mountain seats...

Nevermind, I got it. I found the spot where the harness would run through on the right side of the trunk and ran a coat hanger down till it came out the front hole in the seat frame and pulled the wiring through. Downhill from here! ;)!

Back