• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question on "ice scratchers"

antpal22

Extreme
Ive got some hyfax wear problems ( i know join the club right?) my question is what happens to the ice scratchers when you reverse your sled , it just seems like you would bend them therefor making them useless .. not sure i want something that i cant make a mistake with

I have the ice scratchers that mount to the underside of the running boards (I saw them on this site). They work great and I did back up with them for about 3 feet. They did bend, but were OK after I straightened them out. Now I place a bright colored Velcro tie wrap around the reverse handle to remind me I have them down. I would highly recommend them as you do not have to drill your rails or take off bogie wheels to install them like the Yamaha ones. I got mine at Royal distributors for $59 but Shade tree has them for $55

any ice scratcher worth owning will not survive long in reverse, its something you have to pay attention to when they are down. i prefer the ones that bolt under the running boards as they vibrate and can be lowered or raised while on the sled. as for making mistakes we are all in the same club, chit happens. if you do back up and bend one you might be able to straighten it out. theres 2 on the sled and that leaves one for a spare.

Ya you don't want to back up with them.

Attachments

• ski2.JPG
    ski2.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 97
  • SKI 3.JPG
    SKI 3.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 98

Back