• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question: Trail Map Creation using GPS ??

Oh Ya....

This is kinda cool. TOPO does 3D images.

Attachments

• 3D View.JPG
    3D View.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 144

Silver_ghost & nhrxrider - where did you find the software for the TOPO maps - also do you know if will work with Lowrance iFinder?

You can read about it at www.topo.com I have the "state series" of N.H. I haven't tried any others...so I can't compare...but I do like this. I checked for your GPS and it wasn't on the list on my software, but my stuff is like 3 or 4 years old so a newer version may have it. It may even work anyway. My Lowrance Globalmap-100 isn't listed, but it works anyway, I just list it as the standard Globalmap.

I like the ability to move waypoints and routes back and forth. Lets say I want to explore a 4x4 trail in the summer (or an unused road on a sled in the winter). I can trace it on the map and transfer it to the GPS so I can find it and follow it. Or I can track trails with the GPS and transfer them to the PC when I get home for extremely accurate mapping. For waypoints, lets say you know how to get to a friend's house (or gas station, restaurant, etc.) on the map but you need to find it by trail. Mark it on the software, load it onto the GPS and there will be a waypoint for you to follow.

Jim

nhrxrider
Silver_Ghost
rx-1 blue reverse
Guys, thanks for the information! I'm looking at all 3 and contacting the providers.
I appreciate your efforts, with luck I'll be able to figure out how to download trips & if anyone is interested, post them.

I just started my snowmobile trail. I am marking all gas stations and places to eat that I go to. After next weekend I might post the info from my trips. The only problem w/ mapcreate is that you can NOT merge saved files. You can add to existing files.

Back