• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quick snow flap question...cut it down?

MCApex44

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper RTX SE (sold)
My brother bought a 2006 Apex GT and the good news is that it came with the 07' snowflap. He mentioned to me he is going to cut it down a couple inches to try and prevent it from getting caught in the track. Have I read before that he should 'not' do this? Or would be ok to trim it up?

it will get caught under the track while backing off the trailer if you dont cut it down
there should be a cutoff line molder into the flap

-07 flap is tilted backward so much more than original that it will not go under track... I think.

Re: flap

yamadog1 said:
my 07 attak gets caught so i cut it off on line, you won;t even no that you
cut it off

Don't you lose that rounded look if you hack it off? I thought the 07 flaps were supposed to keep from getting caught in the track? If they still have the issue, what is the point in upgrading?

IMO a cut flap looks horrible....

If it got sucked under once,it bent the bracket underneath.....so you need to bend it back out....a new 07 style flap is very far out and should never get sucked under...unless you backed it off trailer while sitting on it!...thats a no no!

Dan

I removed the 2006 flap on my GT and replaced it with a 2007 flap. I like the stock appearance of the 2007 flap. I haven't had any problems with the newer flap, so I haven't even considered cutting it down!

Back