• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RA Cable

z06vette1

Veteran
I just reinstalled my revalved shock on a 2007 attack. For some reason I am unsure if I was able to correctly install the cable. Is there any way to tell without taking everything appart again? Still not enough snow for a test run.

You should be able to tell the difference in rebound when you push on the rear of the sled. If you can't tell your going to have to wedge your head in there. If this is about the cable route, well your goning to have to jam your head under there. It should run under the metal loop bracket, take a look at this and see if it helps.

Attachments

• R.A. Cable Route.jpg
    R.A. Cable Route.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 67
This is what I posted under suspension:
Dissconnect the cable and follow the below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn the adjuster knob to hard and notice as you are turning it that the end of the cable turns the oposite way do to the gear reduction. Now turn the shock that way, oposite to the dial. I use a small pocket screwdriver, you can feel it click as you turn. I leave the shock one click from hard, but thats just me.
Hope this helps, if not I will try again.

everything seemed to go together fine, i was unsure that the cable seated correctly into the shock, the lock nut threaded all the way down, I'll check by pressing on the back of the sled with the adjustment at full soft then again at full hard, is there a big diffence at opposite ends of the spectrum?

z06vette1 said:
everything seemed to go together fine, i was unsure that the cable seated correctly into the shock, the lock nut threaded all the way down, I'll check by pressing on the back of the sled with the adjustment at full soft then again at full hard, is there a big diffence at opposite ends of the spectrum?

I tried that on mine. Didn't notice too much difference. I think the difference is when the suspension reacts quickly you notice. You may notice if you push down really hard really quick.

z06vette1 said:

Depending on how aggressive the revalve was it may or may not be as noticeable. One thing you can do is if you can get your hand on the area around the cable inlet on the shock, turn the R.A. adjuster you can feel the clicks in the shock as well. Not the ones on the R.A. knob but the shock. It sounds a little crazy but it's possible. Otherwise you will have to remove the cable from the R.A. side and see if it has engaged.

Back