• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rage and Vector LTX Weight Transfer

transfer

I set up the wife's vector this weekend. I have the rod set a few lines from min, what a difference that made. I set the rebound to 12 to 14 to soften it up, this help get rid of the rest of the ski lift. Front spring have no pressure which I like. bergstrom triples/ski savers up front. Few adjustments made a big difference.

resized_20091416221342_394.jpg

Okay, just got out on the snow for the first time this weekend w/ my 08 Vec LTX GT...

First impressions were good and I love the power and torque of the engine. Very smooth.

But, let's get back to the topic at hand here...

One thing I really don't like about this sled is that when I go into a turn somewhat aggressively, the sled feels like it wants to tip over. I was having a difficult time keeping the inside ski planted when turning.

Right now I have my transfer rod set at medium, right in the middle of max and min. I have my preload dropped down so that the A-arms are parallel to the ground.

What should I do to keep that inside ski from lifting? It seems like every time I hit a turn that requires some type of weight transfer to the inside, that the sled wants to flip and i end up lifting that inside ski. And, combine that w/ hitting the throttle, that just keeps that ski up even longer, especially when pulling out and away from the turn. I know I can bring the transfer lower to help eliminate that problem though. I just need to somehow get that inside ski lift from cornering away...She just feels so top heavy and tipsy.

Any suggestions?

05_RX1 said:
Okay, just got out on the snow for the first time this weekend w/ my 08 Vec LTX GT...

First impressions were good and I love the power and torque of the engine. Very smooth.

One thing I really don't like about this sled is that when I go into a turn somewhat aggressively, the sled feels like it wants to tip over. I was having a difficult time keeping the inside ski planted when turning.

Right now I have my transfer rod set at medium, right in the middle of max and min. I have my preload dropped down so that the A-arms are parallel to the ground.

What should I do to keep that inside ski from lifting? It seems like every time I hit a turn that requires some type of weight transfer to the inside, that the sled wants to flip and i end up lifting that inside ski. And, combine that w/ hitting the throttle, that just keeps that ski up even longer, especially when pulling out and away from the turn. I know I can bring the transfer lower to help eliminate that problem though. I just need to somehow get that inside ski lift from cornering away...She just feels so top heavy and tipsy.

Any suggestions?

The wife's machine was on medium doing the same thing, adjustment the tranfer rod to min or 2 before min. "with less threads showing". Also set the bottom clicker to "rebound" on the front shock to softer.

05_RX1 said:

Any suggestions?

My front ski springs are still set at factory preload. I had moved my limiter strap up one hole, and when I set the weight transfer to Min I did not get any inside ski lift. It was amazing how much difference this adjustment makes. Set to min was the most fun I had on my Rage since I have owned it. I think I am going to go up no more than 2 lines from Min on the weight transfer as a number of guys have suggested. Good luck. G.B.

I stumbled across this old post today which I contributed to years ago and thought I'd give an update.
I set my transfer rod to 2 clicks from MIN last year (as was suggested in this and another post) and could not have been happier with my sled's ability to rail around the corners. Yes, I do miss the traction and being able to have the front end lift up a bit when on the throttle, but the cornering was improved dramatically so I am keeping it like it is. Just 2 hash marks from minimum. No preload on front springs and limiter 1 hole tighter than stock.

I stumbled across this old post today which I contributed to years ago and thought I'd give an update.
I set my transfer rod to 2 clicks from MIN last year (as was suggested in this and another post) and could not have been happier with my sled's ability to rail around the corners. Yes, I do miss the traction and being able to have the front end lift up a bit when on the throttle, but the cornering was improved dramatically so I am keeping it like it is. Just 2 hash marks from minimum. No preload on front springs and limiter 1 hole tighter than stock.

Going to have to see what my settings are at, especially the transfer rod.

Glad to hear you like your set up, Mike.

Back