• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rail extention

Nytro Joe

I have a 08 nytro Rtx am looking at extending not sure 136" or 144" 50/50 trail riding which kit is the best to go with?

I wanted the oft ones but can't find them on the site not sure if they make them anymore

They don't, they stopped selling them. I actually bought the last one a few months ago, still waiting on some of the parts.I think the muffmuffinworks extensions look great, they've got a good presence on the board and seem to have good customer service. That's what I'd get if I was buying today.

If you have a rtx you need to purchase a star suspension skid relocate kit and then extend to 136 or 144. The nytro 121 has way to steep of a track approach angle. This kit will help with that!

I would go 144" unless you really like short track sleds. I find the 136" should be the new short track. The gain from 121 to 136 is not that much and track price is not that much more for 144". The foot print on the ground with a 136 and todays suspension is probably less then the foot print of a late 90's 121" sled. 144" track puts about 10- 12" of extra track on the ground. 136" is about 6-7". We have 2 nytros , a 153 and a 162 and the total track on the ground difference is 2", basically the depth of one lug. 9" sounds a lot longer but it really is not much.

Have you tried tracks USA for tip up rail extensions. That's where I got a set for the wife's older SXR 121 that I stretched to 144" and they were the tip up design with full slider usage. Another place might be Mountain Machine Performance. If you go with a 144 and a start relocate you will have to ask Robert at star what length of extension you would need. I am guessing a 136 extension rails, relocated would be the right choice for 144" track.

Tracks USA has them...

YAM-GL-202 12" Rail extensions for 2008 to 2013 Yamaha Nytro snowmobiles. 121" to 144", offers the "Tip-Up" design

MUFFINWORKS!!! 100% His products are amazing. I bought tip up rail extensions for an Apex and they are great quality. His customer service and business practice is second to none. I would recommend him to anyone. He is also a Sponsor of this site!!! Go Muffinworks and you will not be disappointed.

Sounds like muffin works it will be!!! So I need to do the skid relocate for sure? Who makes those?

Back