• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tip up rail extension angle

Phill

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro RTX
Hi everyone, new guy here. I'm ordering a new track for my Nytro this week, going from a 121" to 144" with a skid relocate and tip up rail extensions. Since I'm cheap and have a CNC mill at my disposal I'm planning on building my own extensions.

Here's my question- what angle should I tip them up at? A quick google search didn't help, I figured somebody here might know.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Phill

Yamaha and the various aftermarket companies who offer 121-144 rail extensions seem to like a 6 degree tip-up.

Thanks for the info Stubbs. Just ordered the track last night, I'll probably pull the skid frame out this weekend and get started designing my extensions. I noticed the tip up extensions I've seen tend to meet the rails straight, like without any kind of radius for the slider to go around. Do the sliders tend to wear out quickly there or is it nothing to be concerned about?

I’m in the middle of a build including a 121-144 stretch and plan to mount a set of idlers at the tip-up point. I did this with the last Apex XTX I had and it kept slider wear at that location to a minimum.

That's good idea, think I'll do the same. Had slider wear problems on the thing for a few years until I bought the bigger idler wheels. Problem solved but it's still always in the back of my mind whenever I'm riding...

Back