• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear knuckle removal

muckstuffer

I'm attempting to remove the rear cv shaft from my 05' grizzly in order to change the shaft due to a noisy(damaged?) cv joint and wheel bearing. I've got everything off except for the rear knuckle. The long bolts which attach the knuckle to the upper and lower control arms won't come out. The nuts came off no problem, but the bolts just spin in place. I've tried to drive them out by putting the nut on the end and pounding on them with progressively larger hammers. The bolts spin freely, the spacers between the knuckle and the control arms spin freely, and everything is well greased. I can't understand why these bolts won't come out. Any ideas?

from looking at the parts diagram, there is a sleeve that goes inside the bushings on the knuckle. odds are the bolt is seized to the sleeve.

I would try a socket larger than the head of the bolt with a large c-clamp to try and press it out.

if that does not work, I would suggest a swasall with a metal cutting blade and carefully cut through the bushing and the spacer.

Back