• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear shock Rs Venture

gosnek

Looking to replace the rear shock on my 05 Rs Venture , but refuse to pay the 400.00 cdn that Yamaha wants. Any suggestions eg.Royal distributing or after market, we seem to be having shorter season and want to see if anyone had some ideas! Thanks

if it is aluminum bodied, you could get it serviced for probably around $35.00-50.00 at one of the shock guys in toronto area.

Not sure why you want to change it, but if it's because of the typical tippy feeling the Ventures have, there is an easy fix.
Lift your sled off the ground. Loosen the nuts that hold the coil over spring in place, on that front shock.
Back off the nuts until the spring is loose.
Tighten up those nuts again, and try it.
It's an unbelievable change in ride.
I've been posting this since my 2008 RS venture, and the same applied to my 2012 RS Venture GT.

Not sure why you want to change it, but if it's because of the typical tippy feeling the Ventures have, there is an easy fix.
Lift your sled off the ground. Loosen the nuts that hold the coil over spring in place, on that front shock.
I've been posting this since my 2008 RS venture, and the same applied to my 2012 RS Venture GT.
I appreciate the information,going to have to try but the rear shock is getting kinda tired so I thought I would replace ,until I got a price from Yamaha, 400.00 dollars so I thought I would see if anybody used a aftermarket shock.

I suppose shocks wear out, luckily I haven't had that issue in 37 years, 130 000 km of riding! I've been lucky, 24 000 km on my current RS Venture GT, and no issues, except for the fact that MOTORSPORTS WORLD in Ottawa didn't assemble the sled correctly, and the bottom ski shock bolt fell out, causing the shock to hit the ground, thus breaking the shock in half! MOTORSPORTS WORLD told me it wasn't their issue, because the owner is supposed to check all that stuff before riding! Hmmm, I better check to see if GM tightened all the bolts in my new truck!

good to know about that dealer. i was looking at stuff on their site before i bought the 16 xtx and as it was close to my sisters, i was considering going there. i know she gets the service done on her husbands 650 motorcycle by a private guy after they quoted her a month for a rebuild on her kawi that was full of gas as it sank a float before they touched it. it took my brother and i less than a week to get it running.

back to op, is the spring on the shock? if so i think the one from royal for the 03-04 rx1 might work for you.

Looking to replace the rear shock on my 05 Rs Venture , but refuse to pay the 400.00 cdn that Yamaha wants. Any suggestions eg.Royal distributing or after market, we seem to be having shorter season and want to see if anyone had some ideas! Thanks
Give Terry Goddard a call in Orillia, has has tone of used yamaha parts available including many shocks.
1-705-327-9936

Im Confused or my brain is not working here. So your saying to loosen the bolts and re-tighten them and thats it? Why would I loosen bolts that are already tight and re-tighten them?

he is talking about the nuts that hold the spring tension on the shock. you do not touch the mounting bolts.

Back