• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear skid arm mounting location w/ stock drop bracket

TurboMatt

Pro
Just finished up putting a new track under my sled. I noticed when bolting up the rear arm of the skid that the stock drop down brackets have multiple mounting holes. When I unbolted it it was mounted in the topmost hole. What would using the lower hole do? Would it help keep me on top of the snow better? i.e. keep my running boards from bottoming out on the snow.

I think he is talking about where the back two bolts mount into the tunnel to hold the suspension in. Or where the top 4-5"idler wheels are. So it's where two of the four bolts are located to remove the suspension. So where this bracket is there are 2 extra holes to bolts the suspension in. One a bit lower and forward and the other back and down a couple inches. I'm thinking it would just change the rear end and make it higher but I dunno. Would like to see some reports on this.

Not for me

I tried this before switching to Timbersled brackets and was NOT impressed, made the front plow bad and had huge ski pressure...if you were boosted I might see doing this to keep the nose down on climbs but not other wise. I'd actually like to raise mine to a higher bolt hole making it set up in the tunnel more to improve approach angle but there are pros and cons to both ways....always a compromise.

yamahahaapex said:
I think he is talking about where the back two bolts mount into the tunnel to hold the suspension in. Or where the top 4-5"idler wheels are. So it's where two of the four bolts are located to remove the suspension. So where this bracket is there are 2 extra holes to bolts the suspension in. One a bit lower and forward and the other back and down a couple inches. I'm thinking it would just change the rear end and make it higher but I dunno. Would like to see some reports on this.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Re: Not for me

GotJuice said:
I tried this before switching to Timbersled brackets and was NOT impressed, made the front plow bad and had huge ski pressure...if you were boosted I might see doing this to keep the nose down on climbs but not other wise. I'd actually like to raise mine to a higher bolt hole making it set up in the tunnel more to improve approach angle but there are pros and cons to both ways....always a compromise.

I agree 100%..... :-o

The lower hole directly below the upper is for better deep snow capability but not great for hardpack or marginal snow conditions. The other hole in the bracket was used to hold down the machine in the crate on earlier models and yamaha just kept it in production.

And here I thought that it was Yamaha's way of making it lightweight....lol! RX1 has it right (for deep snow conditions) although I have heard of the boost guys using it for the anti-wheelie factor.

Back