• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear suspension removal?

gaheinzm

Anyone pull out their rear skid? Is it similiar to a Polaris where you have to take the pressure off the torsion springs to help remove it and then line the holes up putting it back in? I do realize you have to take the tension of the off the track. That I can do. I've never messed with it, but have done countless polaris removals. Any info would be appreciated.

you can just tip the sled on its side and pull the four bolts out and falls right out. when installing, install the front two first then swing the back in and should line right up. mine does anyways, alot easyier than the cat

hey there taking out the phazer suspesion is simple its the easy suspension ive ever done in my life. Just drop the rear 2 bolts out first. then jack the sled up the rear will falldown under the fronts and pull it out like nothing as for getting it back in line up the two front bolts first and when you put preassure back on the sled the rears will basically line back up you might have to get a buddie to give you a hand pulling it back a bit cheers

Throw it on it's side. Remove the four bolts and then swing the skid out so it's just about a 90 degree angle to the sled then the tilt the back of the skid up and you'll get it out. The biggest #$%&* is getting the idlers past the drive lugs on the track. When you put it back, just reverse the procedure. It REALLY helps when you tip the sled on it's side if you block up the back corner of the sled with a couple of 2x4s, I use the corner of the bumper. That way when you swing the skid out, the track drops to a negative angle to the rest of the chassis, which really helps removal.
Make sure when you put the skid back you replace the front two bolts first, then the back. If you are having trouble lining up the back holes, then take the tension off your springs and she'll line right up.

Good luck! ;)!

Its a pain routing the front arm around the braces in the bulkhead but once near holes it lines up even with limiter tightened 2 from stock.I dont tip mine on its side like I used to do all my others.Just remove the Track adjuster wheel by nut and disengage torsions ziptying them up to front arm.Makes it very easy to get in and out.So if left wheel is removed you pull it out right side and put it in right side.

Back