• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Removing the chaincase cover on Nytro

snowriderjoe

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper L-TX
I am trying to remove the chaincase cover from my '09 Nytro so that I can replace the lower gear bolt that alot of people have had problems with.
I have everthing off (brakes, spacer on the shaft and all of the bolts) and I can't get the cover to come loose. I don't want to break anything, so I'm wondering what other people have done to get the cover loose. I've tryed prying it loose with a screw driver and tapping it with a rubber mallet.
Thanks for any advice.

Did you remove the 2 little 10mm heads bolts that hold the reverse idler pulley and the chain tensioner?

1049triple said:
Did you remove the 2 little 10mm heads bolts that hold the reverse idler pulley and the chain tensioner?

What triple said. Two little bolts on the Nytros, RX chassis have one. ;)!

chaincase bolts

Are these the two bolts you are referring to?
They don't mention having to remove these in the service manual.

Is there a hassle with putting them back in when replacing the cover?

Attachments

• bolts.doc
    485 KB · Views: 155
Those are the bolts they are talking about, be careful when you loosen them as there is a spring behind the cover that will pop it off and then stuff can go flying everywhere.

Back