• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reinstalling chaincase cover

allyammies

VIP Member
Long story short version, last year had a bad gear broke tab off chaincase cover. JB welded put new gear in ran the rest of year but a little leak. This ordered new outer cover. Trying to get cover back on and cannot get back in. Is there something I forgot to do differently from last year? Thought I just put it back on and everything lined up.
Thanks

The hardest part for me is lining up the 2 rods for the reverse gear. Other than that just take your time and make sure the bottom is down far enough.

Make sure those 2 rods for reverse gear are seated all the way in, tap them in.

Long story short version, last year had a bad gear broke tab off chaincase cover. JB welded put new gear in ran the rest of year but a little leak. This ordered new outer cover. Trying to get cover back on and cannot get back in. Is there something I forgot to do differently from last year? Thought I just put it back on and everything lined up.
Thanks

Did you get it to go? The pins on the reverse are as Denny said that parts that would hold you back.

Back