• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacement Battery Suggestions..

2datrl

Extreme
I think its time to swap out the original battery from my 2012 Vector. Any suggestions on an alternative to the stock Yusha battery?
Thanks,
2datrl

There kind of a bitch to get at,get a good one interstate, Yuasa...

Wow I have 2 2010s and a 2011 both still take a charge great and test well with the new smart chargers so I am going to try for another year. I figure I Always can jump as everyone I ride with has E start. If it would come to that. agree with the Yuasa or interstate
Yamadoo

Yuasa YTX20HL-BS is the high performance version of the YTX20L-BS, and is worth the extra money if you ride where it gets really cold. Have tried others, but back to Yuasa as well for me.

Yuasa, you won't regret it, especially the updated/extra cc amp one recommended above.

Yuasa YTX20HL-BS that's what I put in my wife's sled last year. I also added a quick connector for my charger to plug in on the 2 cables located on the right side for jump starting. Makes it easier for charging without removing the hood during off season.

Pete

I run the 20 series as well. I have a portable winch for emergancys .. I run 8 ga from the battery to the handle bars with a Anderson 50 amp Winch type connector. I can charge easy too off season or run the winch from there.
You have to alter the holder some for it to fit but I've done this to 3 machines (Apexes) over the years.. so it works fine this way

I have a 2008 with 8500 km that still has the original battery! The last 3 years I keep saying I should change it but still running great. Plus I don’t charge it over the summer, pull the sled into the garage in the fall, put the battery tender on for an hour and it’s full charged!
The only thing I can think of is that I have never really cold started this sled except maybe two times...usually always started from a warm garage in the winter. But I got to be on borrowed time. Think I will change it this year....maybe.

Well thought I would update my last post and say I ordered a new battery - ytx20hl-bs as others recommended over the 20-bs.

I knew it was getting weaker so I did a cold start test as I left it outside last night (-16 Celsius) and it barely started so that’s it. Planning a sled trip this year where she won’t be started from a warm garage like it’s use to! 10 years can’t complain I guess.

When I installed my 20 series with higher amp I had to make it fit. Simple enough. No bottom box just the oem top cover. I just reinstalled it yesterday into another 07 Attak I picked up. I went with the 20 series high output because I have 3500 lb Winch I use when stuck. I now run 6 ga from it to the handlebars for connection. I had to heat the cover to make it go around the larger terminals for the machine and 6 ga. 20 series is over kill for a non winch machine but doesn't cost much more so why not. The 14 series YUASA is quite a good battery.

Back