• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

revese adjustment

yamadog07

Expert
2007 attak. reverse works fine. only after i have rode an hour or so, hard riding..... reverse grinds or slips out.
any have this ? any suggestions, which way to adjust to correct ?

I had the exact same problem. You have to adjust the linkages that connect the handle to the chaincase. One is vertical and one is horizontal. You adjust the horizontal to 27mm between the locknuts and then adjust the vertical so there is no tension on the linkage in either direction. It is in the Service Manual Chapter 4 Page 23. I found it easiest to get the track in the air and test it afterwards. Testing is done with the vertical linkage after you set the horizontal to 27mm. You can feel and hear it going into reverse properly and not so good.

awesome. i'm on it tonight. thanks !!!

Attachments

• Mach9-xtx-nytro-dyno-result.jpg
    Mach9-xtx-nytro-dyno-result.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 499
Before you adjust the linkage, check the bolts on the linkages to make sure they are all tight. I had one bolt in the center of the mechanism loose which caused mine to grind abit.

Ok mine was grinding and tought it needed to be adjusted. Found that the pivot bolt was loose. Fixed that and still have grinding. Now even with the pivot bolt tight it has a little slop in it. I have adjusted out all the looseness out other then the slop in the pivot and still have grinding in revers. Not only do I have grinding but it wants to move forward. Any help you guys can give me? I hope I didn't kill the gears.

Back