• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ripsaw track

glred

Veteran
Just picked up a 03 shorty for this season and I'm working on getting it set up. It has the stock track with a few stud pullouts, I'm thinking of replacing the stocker with a ripsaw, for mostly northern Wisconsin trail riding would I stud? if so how many? pattern?

Awesome track! You really only need the studs for icy stops. I would do a V patern up the middle with only 96.

For Wisconsin, 96 studs in the center belt only. Lots of discussions on the number of studs, and you might want to do a search to review the past posts. The consensus says 96 down the center. I took that advice and it worked like a charm last season.

Also, you might want to fill out the personal information in your profile so others can see where you are from. It helps people in their responses to your questions, plus you might make some new friends in cities near you from this site.

Suisse and Mighty are right....I call 96 "safety studding". That's all you need. Last year I studded my 03' with 96 Roetins and it worked perfect. Nothing bent or ripped out in 2500 miles. I did this against what all the manufacturers reccomended (which for trail riding was anywhere from 144-168 for a 121" track).

Asking stud manufacturers (or people who sell them) how many studs should be installed is a bit like asking a fox to count how many chickens you have in your hen house. :D :D :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the info!!

a rip saw an 96studs up the middle sounds great....I'm not a big fan of studs....the stocker has 192 and they are bent, pulled out ect what a pain

I know I may have to give up some holeshots.....I'm looking for the best of both worlds and it sounds like the ripsaw will do it!

where is the best price???

Don't be so sure about loosing the holeshot :D
and give Matt a shout at the speedshop for pricing.

Ran a ripsaw on my 02 Viper and it made the sled 100X better. No studs and yet to have a problem with it on ice or anything else..

Dont forget Port Yamaha in WI. They are a sponsor on this site. Ask for Kevin, he will work with you a little bit. Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon:Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon:Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon:Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon:Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon:Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon: Port Yamaha Rules :Rockon

Hows that Kevin? Bigger discounts?

Good track according to all the posts. That's what I will move to this off season as well 136 Ripsaw. When I used to run 121, I ran 144 scatter pattern. I liked the tracking, but I think it depends on your riding, if you like to kick the rear end around, probably down the center. I would go with more than 96 personally though.

Down in Kaukauna, you'll probably be using one of the lakes too, winnebago, butte des mortes poygan etc so I'd go more than 96.

Back