• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rod Slap (control that is)

Blue Me

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Guy's how can I stop this annoying control rod slap when having to puts through a no wake zone in the 12" stutters? Anyone know of a bushing or anything??

I added a thin piece of tire tube to the 'push' side...helped a little, but the best solution has been the right thumb...the thumb helps with bottoming, rod clunks, track harmonics, and hard steering!!!! Just press liberally.

SumpBuster said:
I added a thin piece of tire tube to the 'push' side...helped a little, but the best solution has been the right thumb...the thumb helps with bottoming, rod clunks, track harmonics, and hard steering!!!! Just press liberally.
Dude that was hilarious. In all serious stuff though I will be trying to lighten up the rebound also.

Yamaha scandinavia offers something called steel-rubber (bushing) to reduce the control rod slap. I have ordered this part and it might be here this week. Its a yamaha part and if you want I can check the part number and post it here when I have it.?

Absolutely post it. I'm game, although the thumb solution is more fun. Just tough in the tight woods.

grizzerly said:
Try softening rebound adjuster, couple notches at a time.
Maybe I missed something...mine's an 06 rtx..where is the rebound adjuster? I will say when the dial adjust is softer it clunks less, but I thought that affects compression more than rebound.

It controls both. In stutter bumps my experience is to run on soft setting ( 8 of 22) and you eliminate rod slap and ride is better. If too hard shock is not returning and you end up with ridgid ride.

It controls both. In stutter bumps my experience is to run on soft setting ( 8 of 22) and you eliminate rod slap and ride is better. If too hard shock is not returning and you end up with ridgid ride.

Back