• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rod thru the case, Not covered under Y.E.S 08 RTX

Mine is washed & gone over after each trip.Yamaha said the center rod is always the frist to go, sounds like an design flaw, the mains and other rods look fine. Oil was changed 800mi. ago and full when it broke. I bought this sled becuase of the warranty, I never keep one out of warranty. My rev's would wreck some trips but it was always covered. This is unreal, said it's "abuse" and no one covers abuse. It's a nytro rtx same sled Roddie's racing on the track according to the DVD yamaha sent me in 07!

My center rod bearing also went, but it did not come apart. When and if my sled is ever fixed I am going over to a Apex, just too many pain in the A issues with the Nytro.

1st yamaha said:
Lonny, Rod and Merideth are the reps.

have you been calling yamaha customer service in California? ask to speak to a supervisor...tell them you have an attny who is interested in a class action even though you arent...listen carefully to the sound on the other end of the line

if you want me to call buy me a beer and I'll show ya how its done lol

Wow, every time I log on there seems to be another "issue" with these Nytro's....if this gets bigger I will be going back to a 2 stroke. At least they are cheap to fix for the most part. My 06 F7 had 0 issues in 6000 miles and did not require all the fixes this thing has. I love my Nytro but this is getting rediculus. Now Yamaha wants even more money for these machines in 2011. I rode 2strokes in Togwotte last weekend and was suprized on how well they handled and ran. The D8 RMK is a pretty nice sled.......ticking time bomb? maybe but it had warm grips used very little oil and gas and was easy to throw around. I'm starting to rethink my switch to the Yami camp!

stopdropanroll said:
Wow, every time I log on there seems to be another "issue" with these Nytro's....if this gets bigger I will be going back to a 2 stroke. At least they are cheap to fix for the most part. My 06 F7 had 0 issues in 6000 miles and did not require all the fixes this thing has. I love my Nytro but this is getting rediculus. Now Yamaha wants even more money for these machines in 2011. I rode 2strokes in Togwotte last weekend and was suprized on how well they handled and ran. The D8 RMK is a pretty nice sled.......ticking time bomb? maybe but it had warm grips used very little oil and gas and was easy to throw around. I'm starting to rethink my switch to the Yami camp!

x2 except I am switching back to 2 stroke. 4 strokes are too much work

I think its getting internet blown out of proportion...what are we talking about a few sleds out of thousands ..if this was a wide problem , word would be traveling like wildfire...
also, some of the motors in question...there might be other circumstances...

stopdropanroll said:

I own an 09 D8 and your statement of using little oil and gas could not be further from the truth. I have yet to ride at any speed, condition, or group of people where my sled has not used the most fuel out of any sled in the group at every fill up. My D8 now has a scored piston so I rode my wife's Nytro last weekend in the UP. I was filling my nytro and my brothers Nytro together with 87 octane for about $1-$2.00 less than it took a friend to fill a single 700 dragon with premium at most stops. In my Dragon's defense my wife hates the way the Nytro handles so she rides my dragon when we ride together anyway.

Funkco said:
stopdropanroll said:

I own an 09 D8 and your statement of using little oil and gas could not be further from the truth. I have yet to ride at any speed, condition, or group of people where my sled has not used the most fuel out of any sled in the group at every fill up. My D8 now has a scored piston so I rode my wife's Nytro last weekend in the UP. I was filling my nytro and my brothers Nytro together with 87 octane for about $1-$2.00 less than it took a friend to fill a single 700 dragon with premium at most stops. In my Dragon's defense my wife hates the way the Nytro handles so she rides my dragon when we ride together anyway.

My experiance is probly out of context from yours as we were riding off trail in 10,000+ ft of elevation and not buzzing down the trail at high speeds all day. I was suprized at how little oil and gas we put in after a day of riding, this was comparing it to a M8 that we had the day before. I guess I didnt have a Nytro or any other 4stroke to compare it to so maybe it was a pig. But regaurdless with the E-tek out there 2strokes are advancing and becoming very comparable to the 4strokes. Yamaha please pay attention to these issues.

My cousin's 2009 Assault uses 1/3 more fuel at gas stops than my Nytro, uses a ton of oil, has already been rebuilt, multiple reflashes, still doesn't run well. He is die hard Polaris and big time pissed.

Back