• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

roller secondary?

mace

anyone tied a roller secondary on their apex?
if so what kind and how much?
did it work good for you?
thanks
ckm

There is NO DOUBT you will love the back shift and should BE AWESUME 4 TRAIL RIDING...........

...BUT.........I'm Positive you will LOSE TOP END with the Roller, so it depends on what you are looking 4.

Turk has one on his ATTAK, and swears by it for BACKSHIFTS

Roller rooster from advantedge will not lose any top end.....especially when used with stock weights. You use the stock secondary spring at stock wrap. Steel helix on steel bearings give you wicked fast up& downshift.

Turk said:
Roller rooster from advantedge will not lose any top end.....especially when used with stock weights. You use the stock secondary spring at stock wrap. Steel helix on steel bearings give you wicked fast up& downshift.

WOW SOUNDS GREAT ;)!

Maybe you can give me a little insite on why Benders & Haucks lose top end, and The Advantage does not. I would love to know, as this stuff is always talked about.......and I love the Tech Stuff

TK's :flag:

It is all about friction. Advantedge is the only company that uses steel bearings on a steel helix. most other guys buy or sell way too steep a helix & end up using too much secondary spring too slow the upshift to get proper rpm,s & lose top end. Any properly tuned clutching combo with just enuff secondary tension should not lose top end. The only way I see guys losing top end is tuning with the secondary clutch instead of using the primary.

Sorry Tork I guess that is pretty much what you said. Super Torquer also runs a steel helix and rollers. I use this secondary and saw 139 speedo with a straight 42 helix. Not much top end loss there

Charged RTX said:
Sorry Tork I guess that is pretty much what you said. Super Torquer also runs a steel helix and rollers. I use this secondary and saw 139 speedo with a straight 42 helix. Not much top end loss there
I bet with the 42 shift angle you could pull very good full shift rpms say around 10,800 and run some very good top end numbers,i dont think it matters what kind of secondary someone uses,as long as you can hold your full shift rpms at 10,800-11,000 and it will pull like a freight train,as long as it shifts out,not just to get those rpms,and not shift. My short track now that it is free of the longer track with the stock 23 attak geat and the same super tip set up i ran with the stock attak,this is now an animal in the trails,rips to 11000 and settles in at 10,800 and runs very hard now,but out on the ice its only a little faster than before,now its time to put the 24 back in,and readjust my clutching for the same 11000 and it bet it will run much faster than my 114 best so far,heck we ran 110 gps down a wet sloopy rr bed yesterday in 45 degree temps,and what the heck is going on with the flame throwers we now have in these apex motors,while racing down the lake wfo at night and backing off at the end of the lake,they both shoot flames about 1 foot long for 5-10 seconds,anyone else see this???

Hey Pete, I know that you spend a lot of time on the lake. Is 10,800 where you think it makes best top end? I saw the 139 at about 10,500. So are you back to stock (pipe, fuel box)? I took off the sheave, it worked good but pulled down my top end rpms a lot.

Charged RTX said:
Hey Pete, I know that you spend a lot of time on the lake. Is 10,800 where you think it makes best top end? I saw the 139 at about 10,500. So are you back to stock (pipe, fuel box)? I took off the sheave, it worked good but pulled down my top end rpms a lot.
Hi rtx yes i think 10800 to 11000 is where it runs the best,and i took off the speed sheave to,as i was having a little trouble keeping my rpms to,and yes all the mods are now gone,if i mod it out next year i will talk to dynoray and have cam,and head work done he does it to 175 hp and it runs at 10,800 and on pump fuel for $2,300 bucks and it looks stock and no noisy exhaust.

I saw some posts on Dyno Ray. Where is he located? That sounds right up my alley. Maybe we can send them both down and get a discount.

On my first RX1 I used the roller secondary kit from Bruce at Pioneer Performance. I loved it and that sled was a lot faster than my 05 RX1. It worked reliably for 4500mi. I took it out and sold it when I sold the sled. It looked like new.

The roller rooster is a great trail clutch with awesome backshift, but for drag race and all out top end stock Yamaha clutch calibrated correctly is faster.

Back