• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rollover valve (Yamaha Part Number SMA-TETHR-00-00) opinion.

flat sk

Veteran
Local yamaha dealer has them on for $160. Anyone have one? This or another product like a Jacobson?

I have two

I have two, my opinion go Jacobson I do not think the Yamaha one is of the best quality mine sometimes doesnt work when I pull the tether it takes a few seconds to shut off and sometimes doesnt. I had the one on my Nytro start leaking oil out of the part that closes and keeps the oil going into the airbox. I do not know much about the Jacobson but I do not really like my one I got from the Yamaha dealer.

Anyone else? I would like a review on the Jacobson as well?

I had one stick CLOSED! Caught it, but it sure could have done some nasty pressure issues. As it was it created pressure and blew oil past my turbo into the exhaust, thought I blew the thing up. Glad it didn't pop the valve cover gasket. I have heard this can happen.

Caution would be needed when installing one to make sure you keep an eye on it. It was evident something was wrong when it was blowing oil out the exhaust and my buddy said I stunk worse than a 2 stroke on a cold morning............ I didn't take that as a compliment.

I got mine from OFT, and they quickly replaced my valve. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

:yam:
Vmax4 said:
I had one stick CLOSED! Caught it, but it sure could have done some nasty pressure issues. As it was it created pressure and blew oil past my turbo into the exhaust, thought I blew the thing up. Glad it didn't pop the valve cover gasket. I have heard this can happen.

Caution would be needed when installing one to make sure you keep an eye on it. It was evident something was wrong when it was blowing oil out the exhaust and my buddy said I stunk worse than a 2 stroke on a cold morning............ I didn't take that as a compliment.

I got mine from OFT, and they quickly replaced my valve. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Nothing mechanical is bombproof!
Bill makes a great product by all reports and sounds like his new valve is even better. But unless I hear that the yamaha ROV is absolute garbage ill likely get it out of convenience. Either valve will need to be periodically cleaned for it to work properly anyhow.
Thanks for the opinions.

My opinion is that you need a rovcm to make the valve strong enough to work in the long run.

I've had two valves stuck open.

This year im running a rovcm, and so far no sticking issues.

I have the yamaha one on my nytro. My only issue was the kill switch itself failed. I replaced it for 10 bucks. I prefer the kill switch style that is with the yamaha one. They are a marine style (Jet Ski) and easy to replace and get additional tethers around my area. However I am going to try to replace the relay with a lower voltage one as someone on here suggested.

Why the lower voltage relay? Less delay on activation or less demand on battery?

My sled is cutting out on me when I hit the throttle hard. It was suggested to try a lower voltage relay on my ROV to see if it helps. I will be trying this tomorrow.

Let me know if that works .Ill try to remember if i have similar issues.
How long has your ROV been installed?

Went with the yamaha setup out of convenience. Super easy to install. Hope it works well.

Back