• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rox riser, throttle cable issues

so basically dont put on 2 inch riser unless u get cable extension if u want your sled to work properly, im glad i saw this post before i wasted 100 buck to spend more money, to bad no one sed anything about this in the last section about the rox riser which got my hopes up to buy one, i believe i even ask the question is it a no brainer to install and got the answer yes but i gues installing a new cable and having your sled not operate probable and only being able to turn in ceartain directions was not important at the time, sorry for the hostillity just getting frustrated with some of these posts can never get a straight answer, all that had to be sed is rox riser is awsome but cables are to short and activate tors, should get longer cable

I have the 2"rox riser and had no problems with the cable. I did adjust the cable because I hate to have any slack in the lever. I think it was just above the throttle bodies. Mine did activate the tors but I just took a turn out of the cable and it went away.

Seems like the moral to the story is...If you add 2 inches to the riser, you are going to have to relocate the throttle cable to the shortest path or get a mountian cable. If you going more than 2 inches get the mountain cable. When I added the mountain riser I also ordered the mountian cable, figured there was a reason they used a longer cable. No issues with torrs or anything since. Plus I could route the cable as I wanted.

I talked with my dealer today. He rides an APEX as well. He suggested rerouting the throttle cable under the handlebars instead of over the top of the handlebars which is how the sled comes stock. It basically entails disconnecting it from the throttle assembly and then running it under the bars. I'm going to do this as it should give just that extra bit of cable needed. I'm only running a two inch riser so I think this will solve my issue of TORS kicking in when I turn the bars all the way to the left.

hemiram said:
i just put the rox 3.5 riser on my 06 attak had to move the cables a bit but no t.o.r.s.

Me too. I put the ROX 3.5" on my 06 ER this summer. Reading this post had me worried so I went out last night and started the sled and reved her up to about 4500. Turning the bars fully both ways the TORS never kicked in.

Kevin

I have heard if you go more than 2" you have to use different cables. We used the cables off a mountain Apex. OEM parts always the best.

yea how hard is it to change the cable and has anyone gone with the oem riser that is on the 08 moutain apex, how tall is that one looks sweet or is rox better

to change the cable is simple. just have to take everything apart to get to it.
(same as if you are getting to the battery)

i was also told stock cable would work for 2" riser & less. i tried rerouting but it did not work. did not spend alot of time because i new i was going higher. i was more worried that if i did get it to work & i adjusted it later, then it could cause an issue on the trail.
for $ 22.50 for the mountain cable i felt alot safer

ok so we get alonger throttle cable but what about brake lines etec is that stuff all long enough or are we going to figure out that we have to replace everything also

Attachments

• Candy blue and mirror red (600 x 450).jpg
    Candy blue and mirror red (600 x 450).jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Powder Coating Pictures 019.jpg
    Powder Coating Pictures 019.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 45
  • Powder Coating Pictures 018.jpg
    Powder Coating Pictures 018.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 53
  • Powder Coating Pictures 097.jpg
    Powder Coating Pictures 097.jpg