• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RPM'S

Does anybody have an answer to this ? I have a friend that picked up a Nytro MTX & his is close to 98-10000 RPM.
I told him this was way off but he says the dealer told him it was fine for our flatland riding in Alberta. So I'm thinking they just left him with the MTN cluthing.

MAMILLA said:
I have 290 miles on my mtx and having a long pull the rpm's hang around 8200 shouldn't it be 8800?

Mine was doing the same thing and had to change the secondary spring to the 1/9 setting. Worked great after that.

You should be seeing more than 8200 ofcourse tempature and snowconditions will affect rpm but i usually see 87-8900rpm. You may want to look at your secondary spring and see what setting it is in also check the trottle cable and make sure it is opening all the way up.

yamiboost said:
You should be seeing more than 8200 ofcourse tempature and snowconditions will affect rpm but i usually see 87-8900rpm. You may want to look at your secondary spring and see what setting it is in also check the trottle cable and make sure it is opening all the way up.
So like the post before yours should I move my spring from 1/6 to 1/9. It came at 1/6 stock. I also adjusted my throttle and that helped a little.

culvert said:
Does anybody have an answer to this ? I have a friend that picked up a Nytro MTX & his is close to 98-10000 RPM.
I told him this was way off but he says the dealer told him it was fine for our flatland riding in Alberta. So I'm thinking they just left him with the MTN cluthing.

The only way that can happen is if the rev limiter is not working. It should start dropping a cylinder around 9250. It's amazing it hasn't shelled out the motor yet...

I'll have to talk to him right away & make sure. I knew the RPM was high but didnt know about the limiter being at 9250.

Thanks guys.

yamiboost said:
What is yours set at on your secondary mine came on 1/6 stock but other than that and the exhaust is stock

MAMILLA said:
I have 290 miles on my mtx and having a long pull the rpm's hang around 8200 shouldn't it be 8800?

I guess I didn't read your initial post...

Chances are, you will not see the higher RPM's until you reach 5-600 Miles on the sled. These engines are VERY tight, and take a fair amount of mileage to break in.

I know it sux, but you are best off to leave it alone until you hit the break in mileage...

MAMILLA said:
yamiboost said:
What is yours set at on your secondary mine came on 1/6 stock but other than that and the exhaust is stock

I'm pretty sure that my settings will differ from yours seeing i am running at sealevel i have different gearing, weights, springs...

Back