• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rs rage burning up cdi

nerage

i have a 05 yamaha rage . i bought it with a blown motor. i put another motor in it. then to find out i burnt the cdi . ifigured it was from when i broke the solenoid, because it was drawing juice all the time so i replace it . then i bought a used cdi and it fired on all 3 ran perfect then i took it out and ripped it across the lawn when turning around i noticed it was only running on 2 cylinders . i checked coils and plugs all was good check wire to cdi and test good.so i figured it might have been a bum cdi that was on a verge of going anyways. so i put on another did the same thing right to a tee. so now im stuck i have sense bought anotheer cdi and a voltage regulator but have not put them on yet. any suggestions.

im buying a new wire harness, solenoid, and key switch. checked the regulator yesterday and was fine. so in the meantime reving this thing up to check regulator it burned up another part of the cdi now only fires on 1 cylinder.

trade it even for a 2000 formula 700 legend and go riding this weeekend.

I know this is an old thread, and I am new, but I am having the same issue with the CDI box in my Yamaha Rage RS. Thought I had everything fixed, running great, than one ride it dropped back down to two cylinders and blew the CDI box again. Just wanted to see if this was ever resolved.

Back