• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RS Venture or Rage?

whitedust1

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex XTX
I just purchased 07 Attack & my ridng buddy likes my sled but feels Attack is too pricy for him. So he thinks he will be OK with non current 06 Rage or 06 2up Venture. He is a big boy 6'6" 220lbs & likes wind protection & mirrors. I think Venture with 144" track will be too slow on RRBs. What is top end speed of Venture & Rage?

If looking for a 136, definately a rage would be a great machine.... the addition of a handlebar riser and nytro/apex seat makes a world of difference. If looking in 121s, look at a leftover nytro 07 prior or vector er that could be bought and stretched to 136.

these 120 motors really shine, great fuel economy, good performance.... there are big gains with clutching, i know lots of people have had good success with ulmers set ups for the 120.

Hey if he is interested in a 05 vector er with nytro seat, i may know someone that has one for sale.....
me.

I often ride with a guy who runs a RS Venture. It's as fast as my 07 Nytro on the wide open trails. He won't be able to keep up with your Attak if your running WOT. But 0-85 mph he'd be pretty close to you I suspect

He likes the wnd protection of the Venture but that 144 track seems to be a lot of rubber to be running on a railroad grade at 90 or so for prolong runs. We crusie Trail 2 in UP MI for hours then cut up to Trail 8 for more high speed running. I'm afraid he will heat up & burn hyfax as I don't see anyone running 2ups like we run my Attack & his 2002 800 Renegade. He won't be happy with any sled that can't run 105 WOT. We really like reliability of 4s but I think he may be running 120 4s too hard & boggie wheels and hyfax may not be able to take this style of riding. Anybody riding a Venture like this? What is overall length of Venture as need to measuer enclosed trailer for fit?

He could buy a Rage and put on a Venture or Yamaha tall accessory windshield for around $100. The Rage will probably see around 105mph on the dream meter in good conditions. That seems to be about what my Vector LTX will run in good snow.

whitedust1 said:
He likes the wnd protection of the Venture but that 144 track seems to be a lot of rubber to be running on a railroad grade at 90 or so for prolong runs. We crusie Trail 2 in UP MI for hours then cut up to Trail 8 for more high speed running. I'm afraid he will heat up & burn hyfax as I don't see anyone running 2ups like we run my Attack & his 2002 800 Renegade. He won't be happy with any sled that can't run 105 WOT. We really like reliability of 4s but I think he may be running 120 4s too hard & boggie wheels and hyfax may not be able to take this style of riding. Anybody riding a Venture like this? What is overall length of Venture as need to measuer enclosed trailer for fit?

No problem running full out for long periods of time. A trail up in Quebec is full out straight for 30 miles, do it in just under 20 minutes.

If the trailer has a good bull nose where you can sneak the skis forward, just fits. Tip of skis to rear of bumper is 125".

I thought longer tracks had less wear on their hyfaxes due to the same weight spread over more area.. a 144" has almost a foot more weight supporting plastic... yes, no?

maddogjeff: 125 inches don't know? Getting 118 inch doo 136 GT in now with inch or 2 left. Do you know over all RS Venture height?

whitedust1 said:
maddogjeff: 125 inches don't know? Getting 118 inch doo 136 GT in now with inch or 2 left. Do you know over all RS Venture height?

Top of windshield is 52", top of back without passenger back rest is 35". Just get mine in a Triton 120" with big bull nose with 1/4" to spare. ;)!

Have a Rage I may sell here in the next week or 2. Just depends if I find a Nytro or Apex, to put a 144" Expert X under. I may also be getting rid of the wildchild steering forward kit and the Apex mnt. seat and the Fox Floats I have depending on the sled I find.
As for size I'm 6'-3" and 250 with out gear. Sled rides and handles great, I just got more into offtrail/powerline riding as of late. Thats the only reason for the want of a much more rider forward sled.

His thinking is he will trade up from 2002 800 Renegade with a Yamaha dealer that has a used Rage.

I have 2 RS Ventures, a RX1, & a Rage & can say with certainty that the Rage is my favorite of the four. The longer track makes it less squirrely than the RX1, and the steering (and machine in general) isn't as heavy as the Ventures. I added the Venture mirrors to it and I actually prefer the stock Rage windshield over the taller Venture windshield.

For me, it's a perfect trail machine. ;)!

Back