• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1/ 800 Mach Z / REV 600 HO race result's Question

kviper

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 MCX Turbo Apex
My RX has Ripsaw and Simon's CPR clutching. Got a sled length on them booth out of the hole started loosing the REV after about 80 but not by mutch, The Mach managed to get back aside of me in the distance we ran on the second run. What do you think, The 600 REV may have been an 800 HO. I ren a different 600 REV HO and it was not mutch of a race and the second 600 HO REV that was there with them did not want to race.

Only 600HO I've seen run on top end was a buddy of Kmer's, and even with the 151" track (Ithink that's the size) the Doo came in second. I had at least 10 MPH on it on our Polaris test mule.

Ya i think the 600 may have had a sticker change.

:twisted: I have a viper and ran with good running stock rx-1's there is no way a rev 600 should stay with you. Even a 800 stock can't do it. I could eat a rev 800 canned clutched after 100 mph and the first let say almost a quarter mile pretty even depends on hole shot if not win most short runs. My point would be that I ran with a group today with rx-1's and they should beat a stock rev any time. The guy I ate has a rev renegade and the conditions favored for him temp and snow.The guy nyou raced is nowhere near a stock rev and in noway a 600 ho. you should eat him up !!! I just can't see a 800 rev taking any of you even a short track, NOWAYYY....!!!! tHAT IS MY TWO CENTS AND I RACE ANYONE WIN,LOOSE OR DRAW. :twisted: :twisted:

Same here, I beat a rev 800 out of the hole and all the way in a 1/2 mile run. I have CPR clutching and ECP filters. The only sled to beat me by 2 or 3 sled lengths in a 1/2 mile is a ZR 900. And I had the ZR 900 pretty much the whole way. My RPMs were like 10200. I need to get my RPMs up to 10500 to 10700.

:twisted: deshkae! The only thing I see is that certain rx-1's dont run as good as others, it has me alittle afraid because it's not just one out of let say 22 it's three? whats with that? I know its a question after a question but what the hell. :twisted: :twisted:

Horney devil,

I know what your saying. However I feel you don't really have your clutching or somehting not tuned in just right. Have you thought about the ECP filter kit with the EVAC. Here is my setup.

HH's on primary, CPR stage 2, spring at 80 deg. 96 1.43 Roetin Hornets down the middle. ECP Filter kit with 165 mains and silver carb springs. EVAC kit. Dayco ultimax belt but swithcing back to Yamaha. I just got the CPR stage 2 update for the ECP filters but have not installed it yet. I feel I may have lost some top end with the Ultimax and not having my HH's tuned right. I should have beat the ZR 900.

What are you seeing for RPM's Those are some fast sleds your racing lighter then yours. Plus you have 4 stroke. I think if you do the ECP and EVAC kit you will see a better RX-1.

deshkae-your not using 165 jets?
i would tend to think it would be a little on the lean side esp with the temps your at-remember 4 strokes like to run a little fat like 13/1 air fuel ratio for max power

I ran a stock 600 HO aganist my stock 03. I took him out of the hole but, he run by me between 40 & 60 mph. When he ran buy me he gained about 1.5 sled lenghts and stayed there till he ran out of top end and I went buy him ~ 110 mph. The 600 HO is a strong engine. Just my $.02.
I like to see results of stock vs. stock.

We only ran about 800 to 1000' I pulled about 1 to 1.5 sled length's on them out of the hole and stayed there and then started pulling away from the REV at about 80 or so and the other 600 HO REV's i have run were not even a contest, That is why i suspected a sticker change on the REV. The 800 mach actualy gained on me on the second run, I know a wel set up Mach is capable but he did not get by me in the distance we ran.

If your getting beat by a 600 you need to do some clutch work.My Warrior will run either just a head or even with a stock T-cat until 105 then he will pull me about a sled and we stay there until we shut them down.HH's are the way to go.

rx-1 blue reverse said:
I ran a stock 600 HO aganist my stock 03. I took him out of the hole but, he run by me between 40 & 60 mph. When he ran buy me he gained about 1.5 sled lenghts and stayed there till he ran out of top end and I went buy him ~ 110 mph. The 600 HO is a strong engine. Just my $.02.
I like to see results of stock vs. stock.

Man there is something wrong with your sled if you are even close to not beating a 600 HO.

My buddy has one and just raced in in the 1/4 mile and it only went high 14s at 89mph... SAD!!! That would get smoke by my others buddys polaris 600 and i BLOW BY HIM LIKE HE IS IN REVERSE!!

:twisted: Deshkae, I don't own a rx-1 I had the pleasure to run with them and I am loving it. There is noway you guy's should get beat by a 600ho I know that for a fact because my buddies that I ride with have two 600 revs,800rev,f6 the only one that should give you a problem is a stock f6 which the topends are a hell of a lot better than the revs. I'm not just talking because I know it for a fact. I will run my piped viper for alittle longer but am deffinately getting rx-1 for my next sled. You guys should be happy to own a machine like that and pretty soon my butt will be happy too! seeya :twisted: :twisted: Still will love my viper and the look on their faces when are yamadawgs give them a spanking.

Back