• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 and Apex too vs. Vmax4 800

Thank´s for the reply´s!

I don´t think that Vmax4´s had a specially fast year to them. They were pretty much the same, atleast the 800 ones ( 95 - 97 ). 750 had around 135 - 138 hp, depending on the year. 97 had better brakes, proaction skid and some other minor things, what made it the best year for V4´s.

And I´ve beaten 650 Polaris ( carb ) bad. He wasn´t even close, ever. :flag:

Quad piped, other wise stock V4 will put 170 hp out. lift the cylinders and lower the head, you´ll get 180. Do a big bore to 880 and you are in 190 - 200 range. 903 by Hauck get´s around 210hp. Turbo V4 750 had 280hp pump gas...

My V4 get´s better milage than my brother GYT-R twinpiped XT 600. Even when the XT was stock. BUT, when I pin the throttle, gas will flow! Best what I get out as milage wise from my V4 is 150 km / tank of gas. That is around 91 miles... Tank is only 38 litres / 10 gallon.

There been some really great condition V4´s on the market at www.vmax4.com If someone is interested.

One thing why I like my sled so much, is the fact that there are 3 known 800 MountainMax´s in Finland, and I own one of them... ;)! That is rare.

Ike

Now Now Turk dont give up all the secrets he he lol thats what i was trying to say lol... ;)!

Hi Ike, if you want race against a RX-1 ER 2005 and/or a RX-1 GT 2006 come to Kemijarvi, and we see what happens.
But I have to break in my GT before it. February could be right time for testing.

I,LL ANSWER THIS SINCE I AM INTO VMAX 4,s UP TO MY EARS. FIRST THE 95 - 96 800s WERE THE BEST. MOST HORSEPOWER, BETTER SKID FOR RACING AND USED THE '' FAMOUS "' 8BU WEIGHTS WHICH ARE A DRAG RACE DELIGHT. THE 97 800 WAS LAST YEAR AND TURNED INTO A MOGEL MASHER WITH 11-5 SKID AND DETUNED CLUTCHING. I RUN A 95 ON GRASS AND A 1996 ON ICE. I HAVE NOT RACED MANY 4 STROKES WITH MY 800,s. I LOST TO A WELL SET-UP WARROIR LAST YEAR ON THE GRASS, BUT HOPEFULLY LOOKING FORWARD TO RUNNING IT AND OTHER 4 STROKES AGAIN THS FALL. !! 3:16 (tony)

Pasi, I´ll be there. I used to live in Kemijärvi, actually I was born there. LOL My sled is there for the summer. At my dad´s place, since I don´t yet have a garage here.

I moved with my family to Sodankylä last january. Work... I´m working for Metsähallitus as a forest management supervisor.

Pasi, did you get your sled from Vuorenpää? I know him quite good. I also know Tenho, his mechanic good too.

Let´s stay in touch. :Rockon:

Ike

Ike, I live in Espoo, but my sled is in Kemijärvi. Vuorenpää knows me, but MotoRoi is better place to shopping. I have bought three sleds, four ATVs from Vuorenpää.

The GT is only plan for me, so I have to decide what I do. So it is a secret in Finland, I will let you know what I do with GT. Finland is so small country, if you write something to the forum of MK-Lehti, everybodies knows what you have wrote.

But the way, I have ridden with GT in last spring about 70kilometers, and it is a incredible sled!!

I remember when the old Vmax4 came out... my dealer had one... HE WAS 6 Foot 7 inches tall, and made it look like a moped.. LOL

It was crazy fast back then and still is...

back then i really though they couldnt possible make a bigger motor.. ITS HUGE.. LOL

Back