• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx-1 Shorty weight?

ZXER

Im sure this was posted in the past, but what is the
true wet or dry weight of the 03 shorty :?:

Check out Polaris' add in this months Supertraxx or is it Snowtech??? They refer to the " Good old reliable" routine. I think that's pretty good if all you have to knock a sled on is it's weight :p Heavier engine, bigger power. How would I know? I haven't ridden one yet :lol:

approx 610 wet no gas

I think in the manual it says dry weight 556 lbs. By dry weight it is the weight of the sled with no fluids in it. (oil, coolant etc.) I seem to recall an article in one of the mags "true weight of the sleds". They weighed sleds from the manufacturers with all fluids and 3 gal. of gas. I think they were all off on the weight, from what the manufacturers stated, with Yamaha being the worst.

Snowgoer weighted it at 608lbs with oil and 1 gal of gas....

Look at it this way the srx was heavy too at 530lbs so what a few extra pounds!!

I estimate the rx warrrior at 700lbs even with a full tank of gas!!

I remember when this sled was Pre-Released last season they had it bolted down so you could not pick it up. :p I think they know they are a bit "overweight" but I say BE FAT & BE PROUD!

Look at it this way.....if I was 200 LBS over weight and came in 2nd right behind Carl Lewis in a 500 m race what does that say about Carl Lewis??? :wink: :wink:

I have been taking a lot of poop about the one ton since I ordered it. Resently several of us got together to weigh our sleds on a scale at my shop to settle the argument.

Weights:

608 lbs for the warrior ready to go and about 1 gallon of gas.
560 lbs for the Viper ready to go and about 1 gallon of gas.

552 lbs for the Polaris classic 800 M10 ACE ready to go and about 1 gallon of gas.

All the sleds were stock.

To our suprize, in dragging the sleds around we all felt the warrior felt much lighter than the Viper or Polaris. So the weight has to be distributed much better.

Sweet sketr , because if your sled weighs 608 with 1 gal of gas then i guess mine weights 595 or less with the mods i have made!!

SWEET!! :D

Back