• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rx-1 top speed

The first year, I saw 129 on meter on ice with a bit of loose snow. That was when the stock wearbars were nearly shot. Lately, with new wearbars and a bit more ski-pressure, it will only hit ~ 120 in similar conditions.

If the thing is stock, I think it is all in the snow conditions, condition of wearbars, track tension, ski pressure and whether or not studded. So, ... The bottom line is unless the sleds are running side by side and set up the same, comparisons are next to impossible. That being said, we may want to have some patience with our fellow sledders.

Just back from Quebec yesterday. I tried the lock washers in the secondary and the O-S-O in the primary. The trails were really "tight" on Monday and on a long straight stretch on 23 I was able to get 10,500 rpms and 117 mph on the "dreamer" - it may have had some left but I didn't lol Conditions are SO critical to high speed even tho the snow was nearly perfect I know I was airborne equally as much or maybe more than I was in contact with the snow. I have had it up to 122 mph (on the meter) the first day I rode it so I'm not sure if the stuff I did to the clutches amounted to anything or not, it seemed to pull hard but had nothing to compare before and after to.

The fastest run Ive had to date is 127 on speedo, Thats with ECP and evac,holtzman springs, external drivers, jetting swap, 5/16 washers under helix, so thats all the mods.

My top speed was 125 on speedo, which we all know is inaccurate. WHat did you do to your clutch? Ive been thinking about some other stock spring combinations and maybe differnt rollers but not sure at this point in the season.

i've seen 131 on gps with bolt ons and the hose on a flat and packed snow covered trail. i could probably see more if i wanted to fiddle with it, but i'd rather ride it than work on it.

High teens-low twenties on dream meter when stock(no changes)long run-light snow cover on lake-This year(many changes)much faster, same conditions, however my riding to wrenching ratio has been MUCH worse

Back