• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX Warrior or RS Rage

PA_sledder

I am taking a giant leap today into the Yamaha 4-stroke world.
I am buying either a RX-Warrior or a RS-Rage, however I am still very undecided as to which sled to buy. I am looking for a mid-track sled with good handling characteristics, one that I don't have to fight in turns and doesn't feel top-heavy in deep snow (I usually ride seated). I am also looking for a sled that will cruise at 60 without running at 3/4 throttle, and a sled that will do 90-105 to keep up with my crazy friends on the straight-aways and lakes. Which sled best fits my needs ?

Well....I can fill you in on both after this weekend.....
I have bought an 05' Rage, and my friend has bought the 05' Warrior...so i will be able to compare when we go riding this weekend....
I bought the Rage for the handling........he bought the Warrior for the speed......we shall see....

The Rage will probably be more nimble without the top end of the Warrior. I myself would go Warrior, when you need the extra HP it's there. I'm also a big guy at 6'3" 225 and don't have any problem muscling my Warrior.

Id go rage... its at least 25lbs lighter..

Takes alot of muscle to handle all of the warriors weight in turns at 700lbs full of gas..

I have an 04 Warrior and I had a great time with it last year! Put 2800 miles on it and it would be right in there with all the muscle sleds. You get use to the way it corners after awhile but the ride and the power is great!
You will be able to go 105 on a stock Warrior but the Rage will not be as good on the TOP END!

lets talk about a proven motor thats been around years. i own a 04 warrior LE. put 1500 miles of UP.rideing to me its a no brainer! you might not need the extra power but you will love it when you want it.the weght was never a problem like i thought it might be. think snow. :4STroke:

Back