• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rx1 bender turbo oil pressure

The red light was from a hobb switch that detected oil pressure from the pump, lit up when there wasn't enough pressure or the pump quit working. - Thanks
You are getting oil into the charge side / compressor side and into the intercooler and carbs. Are you getting oil coming out the exhaust too? No I am not getting oil out the exhaust side.
Oil pushing past the center section ring seals of the turbo into the compressor or turbine housings can result from either over oiling, restricted drain, or slop in the shaft that has worn the seal rings. I am pulling the seat off tonight and will check the shaft to see if there is any play. and verify the feed line and the return line are clear. Do you know if this older setup has any restrictor jets? Maybe it is over oiling.
Did this just start happening? If you have too much oil in the reservoir tank, the level will be too high and cause backpressure on the gravity drain back up into the turbo center section. That has to drain by gravity with zero restriction or backpressure or the oil will take the path of least resistance, backs up and puddles against the shaft seals. They are just basically piston rings so they won't hold back oil under pressure. I think you nailed my main issue. I noticed last night that there was a puddle of oil leaking from under the turbo. I just changed all the turbo oil and re-filled the tank. I filled it to the top of the baffles since I couldn't find a fill mark. Maybe it was overfilled and like you said has made its way past the turbo to my charge air system. That would explain the oil in the charge system ,but not why my pressure dropped. Wouldn't the oil leak to the correct level and then stabilize. I will have more answers tonight on the state of the pump. It seemed like the red light went out at idle but when I was on the turbo it would light up.

Thanks for the help

Back