• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 limp mode

glen ross

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
03 RX1
Hi Everyone,
Just took out our 03 RX1 it went into a limp or governed mode will not pass over 40 KM’s,
Also really I thought initially old bad fuel but not sure.

it is a new sled to our family any thoughts on why it would go to a protection mode.
Thanks in advance!

Well bypassed the TORS same problem governing atv6000 rpm any ideas??
The computer is protecting for some signal??

Would it possibly be a fouled plug or something simple im missing, this machine has only been used on one ride, 2200 KM’s

How do you know its in limp mode is the service light on the dash? I had very similar symptoms last year when a coil when down. Started as erratic idle then just wouldn't get over 40-50KMH. If you are new to the machine you might not be able to hear the difference running on 3 or 4 cylinders.

How do you know its in limp mode is the service light on the dash? I had very similar symptoms last year when a coil when down. Started as erratic idle then just wouldn't get over 40-50KMH. If you are new to the machine you might not be able to hear the difference running on 3 or 4 cylinders.
Your absolutely right definitely would not hear the difference in cylinders, that’s a great tip!!
Thank you!!!

Your absolutely right definitely would not hear the difference in cylinders, that’s a great tip!!
Thank you!!!
You can try removing the grommets on the top of the coils re install and run in a dark room.( or drape a blanket over your head and engine haha) you SHOULD see some arcing if its bad. Sometimes they just die and creat no spark at all. You can also run the machine as is and unplug 1 coil at a time see if the idle changes. Problem with this is it could be firing fine at idle and not WOT. Another option is pull the plugs and look for one that is washed clean. If the cylinder is missing the raw fuel should of washed the plug clean. Now on the bright side if you are infact down a coil its going to blow you away when you grt it running on all 4! You won't mistake the sounds ever again hahah if you need a hand with any of the test shoot me a message.

Back