• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 Power Kit

Dyno results

Just picked up my sled from Dynoray's Fundy Power Sports performance shop.

With the CPR filter kit installed ( K&N filters with evac, velocity stacks, blue/silver springs and 165 mains ) the numbers are peak hp 142.6 at 10600 rpm, peak torque 80.1 ft. lbs. at 8000 rpm.

Due to time constraints the stock setup was'nt dyno'ed - but Ray, like most shops on TY, has seen mid to high 130's on completely stock (but broken in) motors.

The engine is otherwise completely stock with the stock exhaust. It makes over 100 hp from 6900 rpm up and has the usual broad torque curve.

There are no apparent mid rpm dips in the power curve.

If someone could give me a quick tutorial on how to post attachments I'd show ya pictures of the kit and the dyno graphs!! I can't seem to figure the picture thing out (I've got them on the computer) but will have to scan the dyno sheets on as I just have them on paper as yet.

That's the straight scoop on the CPR kit as installed and dyno tuned up here in NS. Hopefully soon we'll have snow and see how it compares to last years performance!

cntrydr, we usually see around 137 hp out of a stock rx-1 also, so your seeing the same 5 hp increase from the filters that we have seen, the key to making the extra horsepower is in our carb rings that unshroud the inlet to the carburetors and provide more (unrestricted) airflow. when these filters are used with the supertune clutching theres a 10 hp gain to the track. its a very impressive kit, i responded to some questions you had in a different section (sorry for the delay, i usually don,t check that section) if you have anymore questions you can reach me at 1-414-698-6611. i also have some exhaust can mods to forward to you if your interested. jeff

675.00 is the cost of our kit. we just finished a run of 50 kits so availibility is good right now. jeff

CPR Supertune kit

Jeff,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Dynoray tried to contact you on Thursday or Friday last week - a question about the secondary set up but could'nt get you. He did get the info he needed from Terry or Dale up here. What amazes me is what really a small world this has gotten to be with the internet and what great access we have to product developers \ tuners like yourself and others on this forum.

I'm am taking my sled to our first club meeting tonight as one of the local Yamaha dealers is bringing a couple of the new sleds out for a display - I'm sure this Supertune kit will be of interest to some of our members.

I would be interested in the silencer mods you mentioned so I'll give you a call in the near future.

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond.

Peter

cntrydr, thanks for your support, feel free to call me with any future questions you may have. jeff

How will this kit affect the ridability of the machine? I know some clutch kits from past machines I've had have had flat spots in them and they were not as trailable as the stock setup. Having said that I bought a kit from you Jeff for my wifes viper and it worked amazing I had absolutely no complaints. At the end of the day for me its about going faster but I still want a good overall machine. Any feedback from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

well has far has reliability goes you will not have any issues ihave run 3 of cpr,s kit for over 2 monthslast winter compl kits with ext. mods and all with special position helix had one issue with evac system after holding units W.f.o for over 10 miles in the great white north

jminor1, glad to hear you liked my viper kit, we take a great deal of pride in our products, and you'll rarely ever hear of a dissatisfied customer. the kit is designed for trail use, it has instant response whenever you hit the throttle, backshifting is great, and it accellerates hard. still very quiet if you chose to do the exhaust mod too, it makes for an excellent trail modification. jeff

lowboy, 10 miles wfo.... have you seen a doctor about your condition. lol jeff

Jeff I know you take pride in what you do, it shows in how you setup each kit and for that I and probably 99% of the rest of your customers thank you. I sent you an email the other day and I have'nt heard back but I'm sure you've recieved a ton of emails this time of year from crazed sledders! If I don't hear from you in the next few days I'll try pm'ing you. Thanks Jeff for your help!

jminor1... The CPR kit has no flat spots. I put 900 miles on the kit last winter. Works great on the trals too. I didn't do the silencer mod. From 0 to about 70 or 80 mph it pulls harder then stock. On the upper end it runs about the same as stock. I think the silencer mod would help the top end, but cutting in to it scares me a bit. I might try the mod this year if I can get up the guts to do it...Gary.

RX1 Power kit pics

I think I finally figured this out with some much appreciated help from another TY'er.

For all you non-believers out there here is the CPR Supertune Kit as delivered from Matt at The Speed Shop.

It looks and sounds great. Now let it snow!

Attachments

• 100_1000 (Small).JPG
    100_1000 (Small).JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 193

Back