• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rx1 problem?

04rx1

has anyone had any problems with their rx1 spitting coolant out the overflow pipe? if so what caused it? thanks 04rx1

Yes, I had that happen, almost impossible to keep the coolant level at the cool coolant line on the reservoir. The solution is to keep the water temp cooler by installing the 05 rear heat exchanger.

mine empties the reservoir also my top speed was drastically reduced.
and i see black specks in the coolant.any idea what this means? :shock:

Mine does the same thing and my antifreeze looks like yours as well. I let my fluid level be determined by how much the sled spits over the side. What I mean by that is if I fill my fluid level up to the low fluid line it always spits overboard.
It seems to settle at a level about 2" below the low line and I just leave it there and all seems fine. My MSRX was the same way.

Frosty

Yamaha says to change coolant every year and to use distilled water (*or boiled water). You can take to the bank that you and your dealer used tap water to fill you system. That could explain the black specks. I do not know why they reconmend changing antifreeze every year though. Does anyone have a logical reason.

im thinking it may be a blown head gasket because its building up pressure and i lost a lot of top end speed. any comments welcome!

Back