• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Saddlebags for Apex

rindtj

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
My dad is interested in a set of Saddlebags. Don't know a whole lot about them. What are specs to look for, is it necessary to shell out the cash to get a pair that is even adequate? If you could post pics and how much they cost I would really appreciate it.

Thanks Guys ;)!

Last year I bought the "Color-Matched Combination Saddlebags" from my dealer. http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/acces ... etail.aspx

I think I paid around $90 for them. They fit perfectly on the seat of the Apex and required drilling one hole on each side of the tunnel for the clips. I've heard bad things about the clips breaking when manipulated in extreme cold, but I didn't have a problem with them.

I only used them for one weekend trip and only had to use them for the 300 miles going to and from the cabin I stayed at. They come off really easily, so I removed them for the middle day of my trip. They do retain their shape for the most part, so you could leave them attached even if they are empty. I put all of my clothes in garbage bags, but I didn't notice any snow seeping in through the zipper or anything.

These saddlebags probably have about 6000 miles of Quebec trips on them. We call them the "bowling bags". I think they are stupid looking but they work great. The other bags from Yamaha that my friends have have wear holes in them at half the mileage. Zipper itself works great but the plastic zipper handle (??) broke soon after purchase. Zip ties have worked the rest of the time. Nothing else has broke.

Attachments

• 102_1100 (Small).jpg
    102_1100 (Small).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 157
saddle bags

these have lots of room and look good
i think they were around 125.00 canadian.

Attachments

• Sledding Tom Mcginns camp Feb27,2010 026.jpg
    Sledding Tom Mcginns camp Feb27,2010 026.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 162
Zeke,

Are those a Yamaha Bags? They look nice.

Kev,

I am from central wisconsin, as is my dad so that is where the bags would have to be shipped.

Thanks again guys :Rockon:

there are some different bags you can get from Yamaha for that sled i think it 3 just look at the Yamaha Accessories Catalog or on line

ooohhhh ya :Rockon:

THKSNOW,

What kind of lighting is on on your sled? Where did you find it, been looking for a strip for the side of my sled.

saddle bags

they are yamaha and very good quality.
the only thing i had to do was have larger straps sewn on by a local guy.
they hold great now and have as much room and look better than my old 7 pocket polaris bags.

ZEKE

Back