• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Saw 100mph today hard packed road

gpxsrx

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
way to many 2 strokes
Had first run of the year with max rpm 9350 @100 mph temp -2 Celsius on hard packed road.
2015 RTX-DX 129 1.25 stock track gearing 24-50 last year max speed 85 mph period.
Snow conditions very soft, Sled would only pull 8800-8900 in soft snow, ground is still not frozen but we got 35 cm of fresh snow this week.
Have EVO flash #4 with 91 octane
EVO header
Maxflow 7000 muffler
Big venom clutch kit 52.2 grams with 2 glide washers
New BL-SIL- BL primary updated part number.
Need some cold weather to get the ground frozen and more testing to come.

nice, I'm really watching this evo flash and have yet to see a downfall. might be the only way to go for the 2016s with the new motor. be nice to see one geared higher and see if they can pull more mph 110 on a N/A would be awesome.

Great to hear I'll have the exact same setup as you next week on my 14 xtx, now we just need more white stuff.

I better get 100mph out of the viper this year.
Hurricane performance says i should have 275 reasons why...got boost?
Thing was sooo slow last season i just couldnt bear it anymore.
Glad to see you guys are still tweaking

I better get 100mph out of the viper this year.
Hurricane performance says i should have 275 reasons why...got boost?
Thing was sooo slow last season i just couldnt bear it anymore.
Glad to see you guys are still tweaking
Mine is 190 and 100 plus anytime. Saw 110 stock gears two days ago. 117 on stand in garage, tells me most speed issue is in the clutch.

2014 viper, mpi
2009 Phazer 144"

Mine is 190 and 100 plus anytime. Saw 110 stock gears two days ago. 117 on stand in garage, tells me most speed issue is in the clutch.

2014 viper, mpi
2009 Phazer 144"

Or 7 mph is lost in skid on snow. Can't believe you run it up to 107 on a stand! That would scare the heck out of me.

15 ltx se, mpi 180 kit saw 108 on a trail today and it didn't take long to get there. Trail had some hills and was no where near smooth so had to let up, otherwise I think there was a bit more there. That was under revving a little st about 8700 too. Going to pull a little weight out and try again tomorrow.

I saw that Thurs without the flash and same basic mods. Not consistently though.
Cannondale
The whole thing about this is you have been trying to figure out why this chassis with this motor combo is so dam slow.
Something is not right should run 100 plus all day in stock form. I just don't get it. I have to do more testing in the right conditions. With the mods out there sled's should run 110 all day non turbo sleds that is. So is it gearing ? Clutching ? Drag ? Only time will tell

Cannondale
The whole thing about this is you have been trying to figure out why this chassis with this motor combo is so dam slow.
Something is not right should run 100 plus all day in stock form. I just don't get it. I have to do more testing in the right conditions. With the mods out there sled's should run 110 all day non turbo sleds that is. So is it gearing ? Clutching ? Drag ? Only time will tell
I agree. I am going to Lower the suspension for a test. Conditions affect this sled over 80 big time. More so than even a Phazer!

I took out my ltx se for a quick test ride this morning down the hard pack road and got to 100 but I couldn't see 103/105. Might have adjust my 8dn to ride a little lower. I also put brand new 6 inch duallies on my skis so maybe a little drag there holding me back.

Bleed yamaha. Is your stock or any mods?

I
Is your stock or any mods?
I have extra wheel kit Cotc Stingray air box mod mbrp trail can 45/41 helix 4mm of shims in primary 4.5 grams in tips osp belt adjuster to run my 8dn belt. That's it.

I suspect there are some big inefficiencies in driveline alignment. I had hoped to do some driveline alignment checks but I'm running out of time to just get it all put together. With no engine alignment I'd like to check clutch alignment and center to center. Plus jack shaft and drive shaft squareness as well as driver centers. Those were all huge gains on my old proaction chassis and I suspect these cat chassis are even further off than the yammie chassis was.

Back