• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seat cover problems

LICKETY SPLIT

Extreme
problems with the rivits under the seat,punching holes in the material,did yahama take care of these problems?,a lot of talk on the old forum about it what was the outcome?my seat has holes in it.Any commets,thanks.

My dealer is going to warranty my seat but I have also asked them to find out if there is a fix because I will be back again next year asking for another cover. They are trying to find out. Will let everyone know when I find out. I am not sure why Yamaha is not trying to fix this. It seems like every other RX-1 is having the same issue.

My dealer said to bring it in when I have a chance. They are going to replace the seat cover, and move the rivots. I don't know how they are going to plug the other holes.

I did not notice the ice in the rivets problem occuring this winter, however, is this something that should have been seen from the exterior of the sled, or do you actually have to take the seat off to see the problem?

I had to take my seat off to see it, but I went thru the whole thing to get it ready for asphalt, That's when I noticed it. Never had ice come thru, just was wearing from rivots.

Thats a great avi. hardcore. My seat cover had a hole in it right on the top at the rear where it streatches over top of the tail lights. This hole was there when I took delivery of the sled, still there has not gotten any worse. I asked for a new seat cover & got it. Still have it, I will install it this summer. While the seat is apart I will figure how to soften the foam, holes from the bottom, or remove the stiff layer that I believe is about 2" down in the foam. 8)

Hey Hardcore, Talk about stiff material :lol: :lol: :lol: , Love the avatar.

Where are these rivets???

Where are the rivets that are tearing the seats????

Thanks,
Steve Burdick

the rivets that were holding the middle bracket for the middle suspension shaft is were mine ripped, took them out when I put in the expert x and no more problems.

Back