• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seat for an RS Rage

kxkidd7

So I just a 2006 RS Rage and I really like it but I would like to make the ride position a little more upright so I'm thinking about a 3 or 4 inch bar riser and a taller skinnier seat, does anyone know of a seat that would work? it doesn't have to be extreme like a dirt bike seat but I would really like it skinnier because it hurts my knees being so wide, and I like to stand allot. Just so you know my ridding is about 80% trails and 20% off trail (woods and fields, I like to explore). thanks for any help you have.

If you like a firmer seat. look for a '06 or '07 Nytro seat. If you like a softer seat, try a Apex seat. Follow the link below for things you have to do to install it. It is a great mod to the older RS sleds.

I added a Apex Mountain seat to my 07' Rage and I find that it is way more comfortable than the stock Rage seat. The mountain seat also has firmer foam and a little higher stance than the stock Apex seat. This seat is also a little narrower than your stock Rage seat. Best mod ever on the RS sleds. G.B.

thanks for the advice guys i appreciate it, this is my first sled, so I'm trying to get it dialed in the way I want it. I was also wondering about a studded track, the one on it is close to being gone and I can buy a used track from a guy I know pretty cheap but it is studded and I have heard that on the rage it tends to bottom out and the studs can tear stuff up, so can I run a studded track with the stock rear suspension or not. I was planning on cranking down the pre load on the spring all the way anyways because I like to ride pretty hard in the first place so if you have tips or advice on the rear set up I would be be very glad to hear it, thanks.

My Rage is studded with 108 pics down the center. Mono equipped sleds can bottom out on big hits or holes. The tunnel protectors that came from the factory on the Rage are not tall enough to protect the rear cooler from getting nicked by studs. I riveted pieces of old hyfax on the tunnel protectors over the rear cooler and the studs still are nicking it. Not enough to poke a hole thru the cooler but the studs are nicking the fins pretty good. I think guys on here that have gone with the fat boy spring in the the Mono have had reduced issues with bottoming out. G.B.

My Rage is studded with 108 pics down the center. Mono equipped sleds can bottom out on big hits or holes. The tunnel protectors that came from the factory on the Rage are not tall enough to protect the rear cooler from getting nicked by studs. I riveted pieces of old hyfax on the tunnel protectors over the rear cooler and the studs still are nicking it. Not enough to poke a hole thru the cooler but the studs are nicking the fins pretty good. I think guys on here that have gone with the fat boy spring in the the Mono have had reduced issues with bottoming out. G.B.

I used an Apex mtn seat on my Vector and it has kept me from buying a new sled for the last few years. HUGE improvement!

Attachments

• Vector.jpg
    Vector.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 509
twomorestrokes said:
I used an Apex mtn seat on my Vector and it has kept me from buying a new sled for the last few years. HUGE improvement!

Twomore- what size handle bar riser do you have on your sled? I'm just a tick over 6'3" and looking for some input on which size to order.

I ordered the stock Nytro riser setup with bar and longer cables and brake hose and swapped everything over. Had to lengthen the wiring harnesses quite a bit to get the plugs under the hood because new controls were too expensive. Basically turned an RS Vector into an RS Nytro. (changed springs and shocks too)

twomorestrokes said:
I ordered the stock Nytro riser setup with bar and longer cables and brake hose and swapped everything over. Had to lengthen the wiring harnesses quite a bit to get the plugs under the hood because new controls were too expensive. Basically turned an RS Vector into an RS Nytro. (changed springs and shocks too)

Ok good to know. My brother has an '06 Nytro and the riser is a little short for me so I'm thinking maybe a pivot riser and 4 inch extension per another thread on here. With gear I'm pushing 250 lbs so I'm sure I'll end up changing the springs and shocks as well. What spring/shock set-up did you end up going with?

Back