• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seat is too slippery???

jcurrieta

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Apex (Hids, pipes and a chick on the hood)
Is it just me or is the 03 rx1 seat the slickest one i have ever sat on,, its soo annoying especially when wet... or is it just armor all from the last owner or something?? Anything I can do about this??

probably the armor all, Try cleaning it. Mine is not that slippery,

i have an 03 seatwitch i rode with on my 05. my seats have never seen armorall and i slide all over when i wear my cheap nylon bib. the leather ones stick like glue. try cleaning it with glass cleaner as it usualy leaves the seat cover a bit tacky so you will stick to it better.

nate007 can confirm my sliding all over the seat from the 2008 jan ty fun ride. blew a zipper on my leather bib 2 days before the ride and had to wear my nylon bib for the ride. my butt was sliding all over the seat and the bars and foot perches where all i had to hang on by.

I armor all'ed my seat last year and it looked really nice, but was also very slippery. After a few rides it was back to normal. It should go away.

funny cause it did go away,,,but i too i also gave it a bath of varasoll and a light scuff with a scuff pad. last owner must of did something to it?

I like a slippery seat, easier to slide from one side to the other to hang off of sled in the tight twisties!

Back