• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

She laid over....

Just a friendly reminder of belt break-in procedure
Screenshot_20240115-161941.png

I appreciate all the comments about data logging. At this point, it's just a simple "bar hopper" it's nothing special.
Everything is just for fun. I don't have the drive to be the best of the best. That's all....

Primary 140°
Belt 120°
Secondary 90°
Those are on a good lake pull last year. (MS16sm) I'll set up for the G-Force, watch for clutch slipping and get belt temps.
I'll be running a different clutch setup this year, and I expect more heat to come from it.

Those are very good temps. How many miles wot did you go?

Knapp, having the ability to log data sounds great. Let's suppose I find something, say knock retard? What adjustment to the parameters would I be able to make?
There seems to be a critical point to this, as to when logging data is required. Ecotrail? Probably not. Maybe powertrail? Doesn't seem likely. lots of guys running MS16, that can't even put on a belt. Lol.
Perhaps its MS17, yes perhaps that's it. Or serious consideration would be at MS20. Ah, yes! MS20. Hmmm.....
I'm not quite sure you get it, or are just not following?!?! Either way...everything is, "as required."
I'm not going to data log, as no one here has proven it to be beneficial at the stage I'm at. All I hear is "you need to get it" and all I ask is "why?"
I'll tell you why... having the ability to analyze data throughout your run.
Being able to see your RPM from the hit thru your entire run. You can't analyze rpms trying to stare at your dash going 120 plus...
You can see so much from analyzing the graphs... is timing being pulled?? I see timing being pulled at times, never once have I seen my dash lights go off.

You've been talking about racing all these guys in your neck of the woods. I hope you do great but I'll tell you one thing... All the fast guys data log and analyze and adjust accordingly.

Those are very good temps. How many miles wot did you go?
Miles? There is only one lake in the up that you can ride for miles and none in Wisconsin.
Are you saying that's the only way to test a belt is ride it wide open for miles?
Cuz a lot of people are going to disagree with that statement.

I'll tell you why... having the ability to analyze data throughout your run.
Being able to see your RPM from the hit thru your entire run. You can't analyze rpms trying to stare at your dash going 120 plus...
You can see so much from analyzing the graphs... is timing being pulled?? I see timing being pulled at times, never once have I seen my dash lights go off.

You've been talking about racing all these guys in your neck of the woods. I hope you do great but I'll tell you one thing... All the fast guys data log and analyze and adjust accordingly.

Glad you responded to him DMCTurbo. I had something great all typed up and just deleted it. I for one am done with his stupid statements & idiotic posts that seem to contradict themselves.

It's getting old for me.... He must have come from Facebook or something, there seems to be a correlation here if you know what I mean.... Really wearing thin on the guys here including me.

Belt temps are subjective to your specific riding style.
If you're hot doggin' it, in and out of the throttle in the tight twisties then you need to test for that. Which we all know are much harder on a belt than running straight line lake conditions.
And as far as lake conditions, I'll pull 2000ftrs off. That's the extent of it. No need to test any further, as the sled will get a break, in between.

You already have the flasher. Get the datalog feature. $6000 subtract $250, you save $5750
My A$$ is all the data logging I need. It's good down to the nearest tenth.
My point to the assessment of dollars is true. Not sure why it's so complicated. You're guilty of it DMC, Bob's guilty of it. As well as others.
Knapp has one cuz he utilizes it on others sleds.
Besides, B4 Harley, I've had my share of crotch rockets. Where you actually had to shift at redline.
And I don't test on trail, too tight for comfort. Lake testing only.
Plus, my hands are full, and my eyes are peeled. Haha.

Last edited:
My A$$ is all the data logging I need. It's good down to the nearest tenth.
My point to the assessment of dollars is true. Not sure why it's so complicated. You're guilty of it DMC, Bob's guilty of it. As well as others.
Knapp has one cuz he utilizes it on others sleds.
Besides, B4 Harley, I've had my share of crotch rockets. Where you actually had to shift at redline.
And I don't test on trail, too tight for comfort. Lake testing only.
Plus, my hands are full, and my eyes are peeled. Haha.

You need to get educated. Data logging only works on ONE sled and SN, not multi sleds. AND its less than $250. I just looked on Hurricane website. That gauge you're looking at is not the same as logging period.

Good honest helpful people are getting sick of your stupidity and rambling BS on this site. They try and help you as you continue to ask for help, then antagonize people by throwing out contradictory, stupid & idiotic posts. F'n crazy! You dont know #*$&@ and people are trying to help you. Although you may not realize it, they are trying to educate & help you.

Maybe take a break from posting again before you run all the good, helpful people and posters off the site that have real good advice to offer. I've had a number of them PM me about your ramblings and BS from your idiotic postings. Think about it next time before saying or typing a word, you are going to drive all of us away..... I've tried to defend you that you are just trying to learn, but posts like this one have me wondering why I'm actually trying to defend you!

Glad you responded to him DMCTurbo. I had something great all typed up and just deleted it. I for one am done with his stupid statements & idiotic posts that seem to contradict themselves.

It's getting old for me.... He must have come from Facebook or something, there seems to be a correlation here if you know what I mean.... Really wearing thin on the guys here including me.
Just when you thought there was only one jtmetal

Knapp, why don't you try being the bigger man. You're words hurt me. I'm stupid cuz I won't let you Or others spend my money. Hahaha. or bully me, like you just did, to leave. You're hemorrhoids must be killing you! Now relax and ease that 40yo trophy out of your A$$, rub some cream on them and a little ice, you'll be fine.
If mike or others want to block me, I think that's a good solution, don't you?
Wow, I'm disrespectful cuz I won't take advise? Holly s*** bud, let it go.
I don't find value in data logging, and you dmc, nyturbo, Justinator, fleecer, etc are going to come together to out me. That's serious......

Sorry, continued to read, maybe you are the bigger man. Fleecer, trying to explain belt temp Theories of 10 miles or more, is now coming clear.
Btw, you aren't innocence.... You could have pm'd me. Think about it.
I've made one negative comment since I've been here....the knockout kit doesn't work, two weeks ago. Guess what, I was right.

Last edited:
Knapp, why don't you try being the bigger man. You're words hurt me. I'm stupid cuz I won't let you Or others spend my money. Hahaha. or bully me, like you just did, to leave. You're hemorrhoids must be killing you! Now relax and ease that 40yo trophy out of your A$$, rub some cream on them and a little ice, you'll be fine.
If mike or others want to block me, I think that's a good solution, don't you?
Wow, I'm disrespectful cuz I won't take advise? Holly s*** bud, let it go.
I don't find value in data logging, and you dmc, nyturbo, Justinator, fleecer, etc are going to come together to out me. That's serious......

Sorry, continued to read, maybe you are the bigger man. Fleecer, trying to explain belt temp Theories of 10 miles or more, is now coming clear.
Btw, you aren't innocence.... You could have pm'd me. Think about it.
You're the one who came to this site looking for speed last year so steer out of your speed-wobble before you spill some.
No one has been dis-respectful.

Doc isn’t going to use data logging. He wont use it and reading between the lines he meant 6 k because if you’re going that route you might as well go with the rest. Shoot it’s only 3500 in clutches! Lmao
Anyway that’s what I read it as and it’s easy to make speed taking off like an old lady. Harder to be quick.
my 2 cents
I do believe there is a stock turbod 998 down here that went 148 in 1000

Last edited:
You're the one who came to this site looking for speed last year so steer out of your speed-wobble before you spill some.
No one has been dis-respectful.
Maybe so 74Nitro...but I said I didn't want data log. And you guys kept it up, and kept it up. Was my answer not good enough? By the 6th time, I decided to make a joke out of it.
I even gave it props and said, maybe later, just not now. Still not good enough....I'm I mistaken or lying?

Back