• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Shock options for the rear of a RX-WARRIOR??

welterracer

TY 4 Stroke God
My brothers 04 Rx warrior is in need of some new or used shocks for the rear.. His have 6400 miles on them and you can tell it just doesnt ride that good any more

What are there for shock options (on a budget of coarse)

What year warrior are you talking? The 04 Warrior and the 04 RX-1 shocks are compatible.

Search the classifieds or post at Wanted To Buy in the classified. I did a wanted to buy a couple weeks ago on this 04 shock and there were two offered to me for ~ $100. But, then I had a friend give me one. So I assume that the two being offered are still out there. I can't remember who they were, otherwise I would hook you up with them.

Pioneer Performance has a Kayaba setup for $440.

OEM is ~$500

Again, it all depends on the year you are looking for.

I belive the Warrior was the only sled in 04 that had a clicker to adjust rebound.. I dont think the RX-1 had that option..

I just put in a '04 Warrior shock and I'll be damed if I could find any adjusment screw on it. But maybe I missed it someplace. ???

Is that the screw that has an "H" and a "S" on it?

I assumed Hard and soft......there is an arrow that points which way to click. I do not know if this screw makes much difference.....

If you turn it toward the H, when it hits a bump it will take more force to compress the shock. If you go all the way toward the H, theoretically, it will be at it's hardest setting. Conversely for toward the S. I fiddle with the settings on my dirt bike frequently. That one has a rebound too. If you mess that setting up, you take a free cruise over the handle bars. Too much rebound, kicks the back end of the bike right up on that one. :-(

Guess I am going to go out and take a closer look at what I put in my RX-1 last week. I did not notice the screw and I was looking for it and that was a warrior shock. ???? Anyway, it works good!

4strokelover87 said:
Yeah, my stock Warrior shock has the adjustment screw. How much for you used Ohlins, 4Fighter??? How many miles on it??? What kind of shape is it in???

I sold it along time ago but most owners take a bath on them so it would be a very cost-effective option at this point. However they do come with a very stiff spring if they are 100% factory.

IMHO: I've been down this road before and it leads to a new skid, or a new sled.

Well there is some info in the Owners Manual on the adjustment. Click Here and look on page 77

It looks like you turn the screw all the way clockwise until it stops and then back one click counter-clockwise, that is the firmest setting. Then you can go out counter-clockwise 15 more clicks to the softest setting. Turning it farther than 16 clicks will not make it any softer.

Also, it is located on the forward most end of the shock, right up by the mounting bolt.

Back