• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder down

There's gotta be some rubbing going on somewhere in the wiring harness. I would even guess that there might be a technical bulletin on it. There are definitely tech bulletins for the same problem on older units.

Wire broken where goes into kill switch. Cut them off and twisted them together. What tool do I need to take the switch off? I tried everything I have and my old eyes cant see whats in there. Also I cant find that part of wire harness on microfiche. Is it a part seperate from the switch? Thanks for the help.

Good find! A pic or two would really help.

T-15, just got back for dinner and ran out to check. Lucky had a small allen wrench style set.

Most likely it's the main relay. If the gauge doesn't get power. I have had this happen. No lights no gauge, no start. Takes 2 seconds to pop the wire harness off to check if it's chafing. Mine was fine.

I just went outside to decide what to do, go ice fishing or haul it in. Hit the key and it fired right up!! How is this going to get diagnosed? Sheesh .....

Next time if you can use your phone to make a video of the no start, this helps for diagnosing when it’s in dealer

Likely a good idea sometimes. In my happy moments I may have mislead you guys in my first post. Would turn over but no start. Just like trying to start it with the kill switch off. The red wire frayed off right where it comes out of kill switch. My Dad always says people look for big problems and overlook the obvious. :o| At my age I should be as wise as him lol.

Back