• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder sled lift - What do you guys like?

Used the sledjacker today in a neighbors garage...just tossed it in the truck, slid under a vmax 600 and replaced a bent trailing arm and reinforced the tunnel. Wanted a j and 's but they did not return any inquiries by phone or email so went with Rockerdans first like...love it. The. boys did too. 2020-01-03 12.59.38.jpg

Used the sledjacker today in a neighbors garage...just tossed it in the truck, slid under a vmax 600 and replaced a bent trailing arm and reinforced the tunnel. Wanted a j and 's but they did not return any inquiries by phone or email so went with Rockerdans first like...love it. The. boys did too. View attachment 151897
It’s that time of year I ordered a liftasled last thursday&hope to see it Tuesday I can’t wait as it will be immediately put to use

Nice...I saw them,.same basic design as the sledjacker with the bulldog screw, but more colors! Can run the engine and spin the track no problem. Great tool! I played with positioning, and can have the front crossbar just behind the skid plate on the sw, for access. For skid removal I still just use my winch and raise the rear. Nice when they have snow on them too as it drips off and I'm not lying in it.

It’s that time of year I ordered a liftasled last thursday&hope to see it Tuesday I can’t wait as it will be immediately put to use
My buddies wife contacted Whiplash in early December to purchase a lift-a-sled for Christmas and they told her they were no longer making them. She ended up buying a Extreme max lift, close to the same as its all aluminum. We have 4 lift-a-sleds in our group and he wanted the same one.

My buddies wife contacted Whiplash in early December to purchase a lift-a-sled for Christmas and they told her they were no longer making them. She ended up buying a Extreme max lift, close to the same as its all aluminum. We have 4 lift-a-sleds in our group and he wanted the same one.
I just bought one from Kurt at Liftasled definetly still available.i bought direct as I didn’t see them on whiplash site anymore&just wanted to make sure to get one,very nice to deal with

I saw Rockerdan use this and had to get one for myself. Very light. Seems sturdy enough. The only thing I don't like is that if it's not completely raised the two front wheels remained flexed off the ground approximately 0.5 inch. With the sled a few inches off the ground I rocked and jostled it aggressively, and it held up fine. I have confidence in this lift.

Extreme Max 5800.1184 Deluxe Aluminum Snowmobile Lift

I saw Rockerdan use this and had to get one for myself. Very light. Seems sturdy enough. The only thing I don't like is that if it's not completely raised the two front wheels remained flexed off the ground approximately 0.5 inch. With the sled a few inches off the ground I rocked and jostled it aggressively, and it held up fine. I have confidence in this lift.

Extreme Max 5800.1184 Deluxe Aluminum Snowmobile Lift

Not nitpicking just a correction the lift rockerdan bought is a Liftasled brand,it’s also aluminum like the extreme max that you bought but has 8 all steel locking wheels,I just ordered a Liftasled& mine should arrive Tuesday, but i know Dan said his was rock solid at any height so may be the wheels or design difference between the brands.regardless any lift is so much better than laying on the ground.ive still got an old steel lift&It will flex&drag on the ground when raised so you can’t wheel it around,caused by too few wheels&lots of use.Certainly makes cleaning maintenance,track swaps etc so much easier on the back!

Okay guys,
If you want a strong, made in AMERICA lift, check out the GRUNTAVORE 1800 lb. lift table. HANDY INDUSTRIES website shows it, and all its optional accessories. Expensive, but, your placing a sled worth in excess of $15000 on it, so how much for safety and a very high quality table, with many options, is your sled WORTH!!!
Just my 2 cents worth.

HANK

Not nitpicking just a correction the lift rockerdan bought is a Liftasled brand,it’s also aluminum like the extreme max that you bought but has 8 all steel locking wheels,I just ordered a Liftasled& mine should arrive Tuesday, but i know Dan said his was rock solid at any height so may be the wheels or design difference between the brands.regardless any lift is so much better than laying on the ground.ive still got an old steel lift&It will flex&drag on the ground when raised so you can’t wheel it around,caused by too few wheels&lots of use.Certainly makes cleaning maintenance,track swaps etc so much easier on the back!

Many thanks for the correction. The Lift a Sled is box aluminum it just looks like a sturdier product that won’t flex! Can you confirm/update when you try it out? Thanks.

has anyone found a lift in their travels that will do a sled with a 20" wide track? the one i have will not and i am no longer fond of laying on the floor to do suspension work on my vk.

Back