• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Single Pipes and Seat Choices....................

Frostbite

TY 4 Stroke God
I now have a wonderfully working single pipe (glass pack) on my RX-1M (thanks Kachess). I'm contemplating building seat support brackets or a very stout storage box to go under the back of the seat.

I have seen a mryiad of wonderful ideas on how to do this but I'm still at a loss as what is the best option. I would like a slightly taller seat and I now have a couple blocks under the center of the seat to do so but, now the back of the seat is is higher and it just makes me slide forward after a while.

I have considered buying a taller seat with storage built into it and selling my stock seat. Is there one type of reasonably priced seat that works better than the others for this application? I see Kachess has used Skidoo seats and that may very well be a good way to go. I also see TJs sells a real nice seat but my sled is an 03 and spending $600 on a seat doesn't seem to make sense.

So what do you guys suggest?

Frosty

Powergrazer, wow what a concept. I like it.

We used to make seats like that back in the 70s to go under our Skidoo seats.

What kind of price is on something like this?

Frosty

Lee, the Apex seat is a night and day difference! You can find them for like $250. They sit you up higher, are firmer and hold an entire survival pack in the trunk. Unfortunately, they are about the same weight though. Maybe a little lighter! You have to be willing to pay to get the lightweight that fits and looks right.

Aaron

Like Aaron said they cost but, It is lighter!!

I talked to Rick he was a big help and lots of info. 1 800-470-2442.
He had told me $599.00 just about the same as every body else's but with a ton!! of storage!! (no pun intended!)
:exc:

I've only got $110 into mine but I made it myself. I'm eventually going to build a new gas tank that fits part way back under the seat to lower and move back the center of gravity, Ken.

Attachments

• new seat 002-1.JPG
    new seat 002-1.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 105
  • new seat 006-1.JPG
    new seat 006-1.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 96
Any storge??

Is there any storage?? And dont you have a glass pac under tunnel Pipe?
It sure cleans up the look.
For the Moneny I'm still with the R&M seat.
Anyway just my .02$. Good luck frosty!
:exc:

Pro - I did not rejet, although it seems to be running rich, I can usually count on a backfire pop when I shut it off. I have not checked the plugs yet, but it is on the list, I would rather have it too rich than too lean.

I too have Kachess's under tunnel glass pack and didn't rejet. I also am running the ECP filter kit on my sled. It has never idled so smoothly or pulled so hard in the mid range.

Frosty

Back