• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski guides for 7' wide trailer

yamaha06

VIP Member
Hey guys, if you have pictures of ski guides in your 7' wide enclosed trailer could you post pictures. I am trying to find options for laying out my trailer but am having issues. I wanted to have a two set of guides down the trailer so I could put a sled on either side. Problem is door is 75" wide so keeping guides inline with that causes issues with the two centers. The way it works out the track will be running over the ski guide in the middle for the opposite side since the trailer is not wide enough. My only real option is to just run a set down the middle, I just didn't want to be luging the sleds around. If someone could post some pics and the actual dimensions of the inside of there trailer I would appreciate it, thanks

Router out the cross over problem areas, basically making some of the guide rails have some squarish sections so carbides can go one direction or pass thru for the other direction.

I haven't gotten the far yet, the issue I am having is with laying the guides out in the trailer is the track will be running over the ski guides, I will post a picture to show what I am talking about. This is the layout for the door, it's 75" wide, and then once in the trailer it's like 81" wide, but I will still have issues with always driving on the ski guides.
The picture is sketched to scale.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 223
Here is an idea for the ramp and how to deal with the overlap.
Place deeper ski guides on the outside of the ramp and place a sheet of plastic (1/4") or plywood down the middle.
You really only need to guide one ski, both don't need to be in ski guides.
My 7' Tc167 is: drive in / back off. My ramp is designed this way and works fine. When reversing out, you just watch your outside ski, once it is in the guide everything is lined up and the sled slides out. If you were driving the sled out on a V nose it would be even easier I think.

MS

Check out Caliber low Pro grip guides. They have traction grips built in the ski guides. Also, check out their online configurator to show you the layout for your trailer.

Back